Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rant Thread

+23
Twi
Liros
Pearbot Da' Meachy
dinopuppyy
aninyosaloh
Lil Jena
Sheba
Poison_Ivy
ZimZ
Becca
Wario's Bulbous Nose
candiiee
Vampire_of_Death
ZombieData
WhiteWaterWood
Rikachu
Ghost
Death_Princess
Darkness
Rapsheba555
Liz
Cass
GuardStud08
27 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Sticky Re: The Rant Thread

Post by Liz April 18th 2010, 8:41 pm

Anyone says otherwise - f-ck 'em.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost April 19th 2010, 9:10 am

I'm beginning to agree with Inge about MTS. Quality is one thing, presentation is another. Having to put lights in a crypt even though it would be inaccurate to do so, having to turn a "set lot" into a complete lot so they can judge it properly, and having to have an in-game screenshot of a MOD are examples of why MTS is starting to lose out on a lot of talented people who don't feel like bothering with their silly restrictions anymore.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 April 19th 2010, 6:32 pm

I fully agree. MTS is overdoing it far too much. They're becoming the anti-Exchange/TSR in all the wrong ways.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Live Chat Member The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death April 19th 2010, 7:12 pm

You think they would want to be as user friendly as possible, but its not. When talking to some mods, if feels like you have to kiss their ass just to get an answer to any question and even the they talk down to you. I mean, yea getting a million questions on how to download would be annoying, but when you are asking about something that you have searched to find a topic on, did all the steps and it still isn;t fixed and for them to yell at you telling you that you messed up, you have to do the steps again.

Lets not even get into their huge restrictions on uploads. I understand it needs to be high quality, but sometime, I swear it has to do with how the mod is feeling that day. I made these three awesome Egyptian Goddesses for the challenge way back when. I did ones that were part animal, so I made the one have a cat face, one have a serpentine face, and a third I don;t remember. Anyways, it was denied because they were no unique enough and because they were too extraordinary. You explain that one to me.

I had an alien skin that they denied, it looked so awesome, I wish I still had the texture files. I spent forever working on it, placing these dots and it looked amazing. I submitted it and it was denied because the dots were too bucket filled. These dots had teh same exact texture of the skin but because of their placement, they looked undefined. So, they told me my art wasn;t right and I had to fix it to fit their perception on how a spotted alien skin should look.

Here is the thread if you are interested:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=271851

I mean, bucket filled, so what, its not that obvious an its obvious that I didn;t slap these together in 5 mins and expect to be featured. What if aliens have bucket filled skin spots.

*sigh*

If you guys can;t tell, this is really pissing me off. I kinda unstable as it s because this is finals week and I haven;t been eating or sleeping. Thanks for listening.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Liros April 19th 2010, 7:14 pm

...Makes me think I should start a site for uploads and junk. But doesn't hosting downloadable bits cost money?

Anyway, I have a rant too!

MONEY.
Why does everything have to be about money?! Sure, I haven't got ideas for an alternate currency, but seriously. Nowadays, if you do not have a credit card, you can't get a house, a car, sometimes you can't even book a doctor's/dentist's appointment without a credit card.
I mean, seriously.
You know what a credit score is?
It's a bunch of numbers some doofus made up, and said "They go up when you buy a lot of stuff and pay it off over time, and they go down at any other time. But if you don't EVER touch them, they don't do anything, because that would be stupid for them to go bad when you never use them."

Really. This bothers me to no end! I mean, I can't go have a good time with my friends, playing pool or something.
Here is why, in a good example.
Me: "Hey, Eden, wanna go fishing?" (Eden is an 'alias' that my best friend uses online)
Eden: "Sure! I've never gone fishing! But I don't have a fishing rod."
Me: "That's ok, I have my dad's, and mine. We can use those."
Eden: "So, what are we gonna use as bait then?"
Me: "Oh. Gotta buy bait... you have any money?"
Eden: "No, sorry. We had to take the dog for her shots. I'm broke."
Me: "And I've got nothing... Maybe we could dig up worms? Or use cheese. Supposedly fish like cheese."
Eden: "That could work. How are we getting to the pier? My dad is busy on saturday."
Me: "I could get on the bus, get you, and we could take the bus up."
Eden: "That will take a long time. Can't your mom give us a lift?"
Me: "Nope. She can't afford to 'waste' the gas."
Eden: "Ok, bus it is then, You have money for us both?"
Me: "Let me chec- Oh. Mom says we can't use this money."
Eden: "Why?"
Me: "It has to be used for laundry."
Eden: "Oh. Ok. Well, I guess some other time?"
Me: "Yeah. I guess."

See?
Money; the reason a fishing trip got canceled.
I just don't understand it.
Why do perfectly good people get stuck in dead-end, low paying jobs, and have to suffer, and the most malicious and evil people have friends who give them an elevator ride to the top of the corporate ladder?
Liros
Liros
Lv7
Lv7

The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 379

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 April 19th 2010, 8:24 pm

One word: Libertarians. That is why.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz April 20th 2010, 6:03 pm

There's no electricity at home. Our mains are out, our secondaries are fried (literally FRIED. Charred black. The switches are charred and I'm sure that sooner or later they will be emitting sparks.)

Lol I went to use the hair straightener this morning, and wondered why it wasn't heating up. Electricity has been out for about 6 hours now, and I'm worrying about my hair.

Huuur, I'm a douchebag.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 April 20th 2010, 8:01 pm

Er, did they surge?
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz April 21st 2010, 1:27 am

They... I think the word is overpowered, I dunno.

I've really gotta learn to keep my mouth shut. My homophone of a mother decided that she hates me. Which is fine, I hate her too. Bitch.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death April 21st 2010, 8:04 am

Alright, again this lot is pissing me off. I got accused of doing a half-assed lot because it wasn;t a full lot and because in my upload post, i said I had originally wanted to to do a full lot, but the photo shoot was a spin off idea that worked really well.

"The post in Creator Issues hasn't yet been answered because it's rather hard to answer. Misc -> Misc might be more appropriate, as it certainly isn't a lot - but the way you've described the upload, is essentially as a list of handy CC, organised into a nice layout. That's all very well - but making it easy for people to set up a particular theme is what the content lists are for. It really seems more like you intended to make a lot but ran out of time than anything else - taking an unfinished upload and repurposing it. I don't know if this is or isn't what happened; but you certainly have ended up with an upload that doesn't really fit anywhere."

That and my teacher still has returned my paper or my last test, which has answers that I need to study from for the final on Friday. She even said she has no intention of giving them back, yea a lot of good that will do me AFTER the f-cking final.

God, I need a nap, I haven't slept in 4 days (more that 3 hours and this is in like 10 min. increments) and I am usually a very mellow person but right now, I am ready to shot the next thing that moves.

AND I got a Juror Summons. My Dad says I should say I'm racist to get out of it and hes pissed because I have morals. He apparently doesn;t know those darn colored folk are allowed to leave their houses. It has not been a good week.

One more thing: Just fail my chem test that I lost 2 nights sleep over and the sad thing is I am too tired and broken to care. Anyone wanna be sad for me?
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi April 21st 2010, 8:12 pm

I'm sorry Vampy Sad

I know how you feel about failing an exam. I recently failed a physics exam, it really sucks, but we just have to get past it.
Twi
Twi
Lv6
Lv6

Veteran The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost April 22nd 2010, 9:37 am

Did you see my post in site issues in your thread? *hugs Vampy* I wonder if having someone enthusing about how wonderful it would be to have all the seldom-used CC stored in nice sims2packs for easy installation and removal will help them understand what a brilliant idea you had?

(At least if you've hit the bottom, the only way left to go is up...)
Ghost
Ghost

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death April 22nd 2010, 2:32 pm

I know, I did see it, thank you so much, it made me feel better, even if it doesn't help. I really appreciate all the help you have been giving me. *hugs Ghost*
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca April 23rd 2010, 1:00 am

Mini-vent:
I. Hate. Bees.
I didn't get lunch, all because of a freaking insect. >_<
Becca
Becca
Lv21
Lv21

Preheat your mother.

Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Rant Thread - Page 11 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 2627

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 April 23rd 2010, 1:36 am

MTS seems to be going downhill.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death April 23rd 2010, 1:42 am

Agreed.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz April 23rd 2010, 5:43 am

Agreed x2.

I'll take "Why MTS Is Failing" for 200 please, Alex.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheba April 24th 2010, 3:19 pm

My mothers being a god damned bitch! she keeps using my weight as an insult! and she says im on the computer all the f-cking time! Yes. I admit I'm on it alot, but i wasnt on it as much (basicly not at all) this past week, and what do i find when i arrive home from spending the week at my uncles? her sitting on the f-cking computer doing some facebook shit! She makes fun of my World! she makes fun of Them! She just yelled at me from listening to my music while she's pissed, and yelled at me for typing to loud Ummm...
she threw these things at me:
a mountain dew bottle
my suitcase.

wanna know why she's pissed?

because her mother has been asking all day what time my sisters basketball game is.
Sheba
Sheba
Lv24
Lv24

Kanye West's Best Choice

Trophies Won 0 Coins 10928

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi April 27th 2010, 7:56 pm

I hate group projects. People don't do the same level of work, and it is frustrating.
Twi
Twi
Lv6
Lv6

Trophies Won 0 Coins 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass April 27th 2010, 7:59 pm

I hate group projects also. But only because I'm too shy to speak.
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz April 27th 2010, 10:23 pm

I love talking! Very Happy Therefore, I love group projects, especially if it's debate-wise. That's my time to shine.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass April 28th 2010, 12:23 am

Urk. People who talk to me usually end up walking off because I don't say anything. I'm no good at starting topics, and no good at continuing them.

My rant is that I want a pickle so fricking bad, and there's no pickles D:
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz April 28th 2010, 2:07 am

And then the poor mi-ind, fell onto the floor.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death May 2nd 2010, 6:29 am

All right, lets play a game, shall we?

A quick recap: As we know, I have been in chronic pain for the past, what, four years? Imagine having a Charlie horse all over you body all the time, no release and anything, I mean anything touching my skin makes me want to rip someone head off, so, at times, I am easily irritated, its bound to happen. So, to make matters worse, I have been getting hives from head to toe for absolutely no reason at all. I have been tested for allergies and their best answer is that I am under too much stress and I need to take a break. Well, how in the hell do you tell that to your college professors? Oh, yea, I can;t take that test today because I'm itchy.

So, imagine being in constant pain and anything, meaning a light breeze anything, makes me want to crumble down and scream, its that bad. Now add itch hives that you have to itch to get some relief from, which requires touch. It hurts no matter way you put it, have you ever let an itch sit there? It starts to hurt too.

So, I gave up my bed for my grandmother the last three weeks, which means I got the couch. Now, she just had knee surgery and she needed to stay with me, and I gladly obliged. Bit sleeping on my old crappy couch made my back hurt worse. So, I was her literal servant, along with my mom and sister, getting woken up in the middle of the night, after I spent 3 hours trying to fall asleep, hear her scream help. So I run and what happened? She was hot and needed me to turn the fan on for her. So she gave me a heart attack because she was hot. She couldn't have just removed her blankets.

And she would wake me up every morning at about 8 'clock, and me, trying to cram for finals and fit some weird thing called sleep into there, so that she could reach the snacks that were across the night stand from her.

So whatever, she did her thing and I moved her back home today. Now, for a little back story, my grandma is a hoarder, I mean not just a bit, but bordering on those shows where you can't walk through the house. And her lazy ass good for nothing alcoholic son lives there with her, scott free. And he is a pig. So three weeks alone in an already disgusting house, imagine what it was like today.

On to my rant:
I moved her in and decided that her house needed to be habitable so I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom floors. The water was black, to say the least. I cleaned off the counters and moved stuff so she could move without breaking her neck awhile she laid in her room and read (which is nice and all but she read so much that there was 261 books I found in her room alone when I had cleaned it the last time. So she reads instead of dealing with her messy house, quit thinking about it and it will go away is her mentality).

So after several smoke, mold, rot and duct induced asthma attacks and coughing up blood, I was almost finished. So, my mom bought her these need canisters fore kitchen to keep sugar and four and etc in. They were beautiful, red and they match her kitchen, which we have redone for her.

So, I switched out these canisters, after cleaning all day, trying to make t nice for her and she kept saying "those aren;t my style, their too gaudy blah blah blah" which their not.

Then, she yelled at me because I was soaking the lids of the old canisters so I could send them to Good Will nice and clean because there was crap encrusted on them. She yelled because I was ruining them. And who cares, I was getting them out of the house, ad if they did break, which when you ever heard of water breaking wood, then just thrown them out, you have new ones, relax and let me do my thing. (My bet is that those canisters will be switched back to the old ones by the time I go back)

And she yelled for about 10 min about how wrong I was and that I was making all these decisions for her and she is so stressed out and she can;t handle it. Then, I had the smallest jar from the old set and I asked her if I could transfer all of her cats treats in there so she could see them and they would stay fresh. Then she lost it saying how happy she was going to be to have her own house to herself, how was overwhelming her because I asked to move the 50 bags of cat treats to a nice jar. And I had just cleaned her whole kitchen after giving up my bed for 3 weeks, giving up my Saturday to yell at me about canisters.

And then she had the gall to call me unorganized. TO MY FACE.

Then I made it clear that i her kitchen got messed up again, and I am sure it already is, I will not be cleaning for her, she can be alone in her house with her filth. I have cleaned for her so much and to go back a week later to see that all my hard work has been for nothing, all the time and effort, energy that is now cover in month old newspapers and used cans. And she always calls me a day before she id having company and expects me to wave my magic wand and her house will be clean. And I do, it looks presentable when I am done with it.

Then she just doesn't take care of it, lets everything pile up. She has to have everything she might need within arms reach, so imagine what it is like to be around her and her clutter and that is what she did to my room, its cluttered from newspapers that she never read, small, useless paper and receipts that she will never miss. Last time I was there, I threw out three boxes of books and she still hasn't noticed. I quit,

I could go on, but I pretty sure that this post is longer than I had hoped.

Now I am tired because I can;t sleep becuase I am itchy and in pain. And MAD.

Sorry guys, I needed to get that out and the sad this is that she is the grandmother I get along with. *sigh* I might add to this if I can;t sleep in a bit.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz May 2nd 2010, 7:06 am

Oh wow, Vampy. I really wish there was something I could say. I know you may have heard this time and time again, but you need to hang in there. As for the tests, and being under a lot of stress, will the doctors give you a certificate so you can sit the test another time?

I really wish there was something I could do. I'm sorry that you feel so awful. Sad
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down