Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God/Jesus - Real or Not?

+13
Ghost
ZimZ
Darkness
Elephant
Vampire_of_Death
Liz
Rikachu
WhiteWaterWood
ZombieData
GuardStud08
Rapsheba555
Admin/Grover/Fangs
Cass
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 Empty Re: God/Jesus - Real or Not?

Post by Rapsheba555 November 15th 2009, 12:28 am

Actually, religion is the anti-logic, but then again, many things are illogical, so we can't rule it out.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Live Chat Member God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost November 16th 2009, 1:14 pm

The eye for an eye thing was to stop the practice of doing things like killing someone over knocking out a tooth. If they knocked out your eye, you were only allowed to knock out one of their eyes. If they knocked out one of your teeth, you were only allowed to knock out one of their teeth. You were not -required- to do so, although human nature being what it is most people were perfectly willing to do so.

And forgiveness doesn't mean that you don't have consequences for your actions here on Earth; it just means that God still loves you.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData November 16th 2009, 4:20 pm

I would tell you how I feel on the subject, but you would think I was nuts.

And NO, Im not a scientology or whatever follower, but its just as crazy.
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Submitted a Sims Upload God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerCosmic November 17th 2009, 2:32 pm

Its lizard people isn't it.

I've converted myself to part of the Cult of Cthulhu.
I just think that a openly acknowledged 'dark god' makes a lot more sense.
PowerCosmic
PowerCosmic
Lv7
Lv7

Veteran God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 17th 2009, 11:50 pm

Sayde, your free to say whatever you want, I actually like to read on all religions, just to get a basis so I might have heard of it already.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoLover13 April 30th 2010, 2:07 pm

Apparently I never posted. Cass if you get pissed talking about God, then why did you start this thread....? WTF?
Anyways, I do believe in God, but I feel I'm such a horrible person that I deserve to go to hell. I believe that God tolerates people who are homosexual, because he said 'love thy neighbor as thy self' or whatever. I think it should be the person's choice to love whomever they want. I don't pray everyday, I tried to but I always forgot. So.. yeah. I don't go to church much anymore, but I volunteer there once a month, when I have to go I don't complain about it though. I try not to anyway. I just wish people could except each other. Some people just piss me off saying that 'God doesn't exist'. It's not a fact, but there are no facts saying that he did exist either. I never said 'God does exist'. I said I believe God exists, and there's a huge difference for me. I don't want someone to tell me my beliefs are wrong and I try to be very careful that I'm not being hypocritical on it, because I'm easily hurt. I'm super sensitive to words...
NintendoLover13
NintendoLover13
Lv7
Lv7

I love Link ♥♥♥

Veteran Contest Honorable Mention God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 769

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost May 2nd 2010, 7:02 pm

Ally, if God's love is infinite, do you really think you can do anything to make God love you less now than when you were born?

"For by grace you are saved through faith. It is a gift from God,not by works, lest any one should boast."

Meaning that you don't earn your way into heaven with good works, and you don't lose it with bad ones. You turn yourself over to God, at which point the good works start coming because you want to do them and the heavenly consequences of the bad ones are wiped out. (You may still have to deal with earthly consequences, however. )
Ghost
Ghost

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by ZimZ May 2nd 2010, 10:56 pm

Wow, my post in this like.. last year is sooo stupid.. haha, yeah well, my school doesn't brainwash us, that day I was just pissed with my religious studies teacher for having a go at me. lol, anyway God and Allah ARE the same thing, just different names. Christianity and Muslim are similar beliefs except to muslims like me, we don't believe Jesus was son of god, but we believe he was a very holy man like Mohammed and I think Abraham. For us we have to pray 5 times a day.. which I do not do.. but I don't think I'd be shunned if I don't pray. I reckon it all has to do with trust. No matter who your god is I doubt it is required to pray because that could be like saying.. umm, if you don't eat vegetables you'll be short and no one will be friends with you. So, yeah.. I sort of have some christian beliefs because I'm not entirely sure what I am supposed to do, our reliious studies teahcers are always saying to follow god's way.. but, if everyoe does that wouldn't this planet be so boring..? I believe that we all have a right to lead our lives in the way we choose, even if we want to be bad.. That is our personal decision. if someone did create us, they wouldn't have created the free will part if they want us to follow how they expct us to lead our lives. But if God/Allah DID put that part of free will into us then that must have meant that they wanted us to lead our lives how we want.

I know some of you probably disagree with me but yeah.. I just wanted to say that to clear things up Smile even if they didn't need to be cleared up haha.. and Ally, you are not a bad person, ok? XD
ZimZ
ZimZ
Lv18
Lv18

Sing? Sing a song of wanting to move along!

Veteran Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 4135

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death May 2nd 2010, 11:26 pm

Actually, its odd, I kind of caught myself praying the other night, and the more I think about it, I do that often. I'm really praying to anyone, just talking to myself. Just an observation I thought I might point out...
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Liros May 7th 2010, 2:08 pm

I do not really believe that we are being watched over by a supreme creator, but I do believe there are supernatural forces science can not identify.

Honestly, I do not really care how we all got here. I am more concerned with this:
"Well, now that we are here, what is right in the world? And what is wrong? What can we do to promote the right and fix the wrong?"

I mean, I believe in Reincarnation. I believe there are spirits and such. I'm also a Witch. Not Harry-Potter style, but real Witchcraft, which some people call Wicca. But there is a difference. Wicca is 100% focused on positive everything. They refuse to admit there is any bad in the world. Witchcraft acknowledges that there is always a dark side; that is what makes the light so bright. You have to take the good with the bad. And sometimes, you have to give someone a kick in the butt, too.
That aside, though, the reason I follow that religion is because it works for me.
I was baptized Episcopalian. (did I spell that right?)
But there were many questions left unanswered. I would ask the priest, and never get a straight answer.
For example:
Me (at age 8 ) :"Father ____, why is it that sometimes I feel someone tap me on the shoulder, or hear someone call my name, there is no one there?"
Priest: "It's God, or one of his angels trying to talk to you. Next time that happens, try responding with "Speak Lord, I am listening.""
Me: "But I have done that. And I don't get a response."
Priest: "Then it is Satan trying to distract you from your true purpose."
Me: "It can't be that either. Who ever is trying to get my attention does not feel like they want to hurt me."
(I hadn't yet had any relatives pass away, so it could not be explained with a relative's spirit trying to talk to me.)
Priest: "Then I don't know."
Me: =/ "Ok..."

There were spirits and energies I was sensing from a young age that I did not know what to do with, and my faith at the time could not explain. And Witchcraft has had those answers for me. Yes, the christian bible says it is a sin... But if finding your own personal truth is a sin, well, I do not think I want to go to Heaven. All our great thinkers and visionaries are going to be in Hell, too. For many of them were either agnostic, or followed a different faith. Besides, I have known many 'good christians' who were very unpleasant people.
I'd much rather suffer 'eternal torment' for not following christanity and get a chance to talk to, say Ghandi for example, rather than spend eternity with 'good christians' who have about as much personality as roadkill, and an attitude that would test even the most patient of souls.
Liros
Liros
Lv7
Lv7

Trophies Won 0 Coins 379

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh May 7th 2010, 2:58 pm

Vampire_of_Death wrote:Actually, its odd, I kind of caught myself praying the other night, and the more I think about it, I do that often. I'm really praying to anyone, just talking to myself. Just an observation I thought I might point out...

Yeah, I tend to do that too. I talk alone a lot (it may be 'cause I'm insane), I talk to another being that isn't there, like praying, but not praying, 'cause I don't believe in god. I expect someone to tell me that something I'm about to do is a good idea or not.. but I end up answering myself.
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload God/Jesus - Real or Not? - Page 3 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3