Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography!

3 posters

Go down

Contest Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography!

Post by Rikachu December 21st 2010, 7:38 pm

Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! I3gqo7
Everyone may enter this contest twice for each category - They may only earn one prize for each category, and can only earn a prize in 2 categories. The categories are as follows:

Video Game Photography (Please Note: We won't be judging this section by graphics, so don't start thinking that just because you have these amazing high-ed graphics you're automatically a shoe-in.)
Nature Photography (plants, animals domestic or wild, sunsets, etc)
Urban Photography (this constitutes city shots, cars, anything you could find in an industrialized area, but make sure it has a city setting)
Rural Photography (Anything human made NOT in a city setting - i.e. kids fishing, old rusted up tractors, basically, small-town stuff)
People Photography (snaps of people doing everyday things)
Conceptual Photography (basically, anything that doesn't fit in any other category, that is purposefully designed; still-lifes.)
Events Photography (weddings, birthdays, parties, etc.)

The Rules are as follows:
1.) Very little to no photoshopping, please: Minor edits such as brightness/contrast, sharpening, cropping, blur reduction etc are okay - Nothing major such as colour changes, airbrushing, or adding things into the photograph. (Exception: Making an image black and white/sepia/monochrome etc, things a camera would normally be able to do, but may not have been SET to do..)
2.) NO NUDES.
3.) Do -not- take an image from anywhere on the web and claim it as your own. We WILL find out.
4.) Images may not be larger than 1024x768, and they may not be smaller than 720x540.
5.) If you post a picture of someone, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEIR CONSENT FOR IT TO BE POSTED ONLINE! I can -not- stress this enough. The last thing we need is to get in trouble for posting a picture of someone who doesn't want to be online. Please get a written consent from the person(s) in your photo, scan/take a picture of it, and post it with your entry.

Entry Form:
Code:
Title of Photo: Required
Size: Required
Other Info: Optional
Please post this entry form in the proper category's thread!

Please note, you should judge your votes based on these factors:
Originality
Angle
Lighting/Effects (NOT photoshopping)
Setup/Concept (If in Conceptual)
Overall Quality

We will not have a set group of judges for this contest, so that everyone gets a chance to participate; Instead, every category will receive a poll(s) with all of the entries listed as choices inside them. The poll(s) will be multiple choice.

The contest is now starting! You have from today until February 20th to enter!

Last edited by Rapsheba555 on April 26th 2011, 11:05 am; edited 27 times in total (Reason for editing : added shiny, various edits)
Rikachu
Rikachu
The Hyper Tyger
The Hyper Tyger

Amanda please!

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 3633

Back to top Go down

Contest Re: Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography!

Post by Ghost February 15th 2011, 10:05 am

I am having trouble getting my pictures off my husband's Blackberry. The battery died. As in won't hold a charge for more than 5 seconds. (Probably from when I was running around last summer taking pictures of everything downtown. lol) They are there, but I can't get them.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardStud08 February 24th 2011, 5:40 pm

Do we have a date in which judging will take place?
GuardStud08
GuardStud08
The Cogs Hope
The Cogs Hope

"This is all going so well"

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 22395

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikachu February 24th 2011, 9:04 pm

I'm kinda busy in life right now, in fact I barely have enough time to get on the computer lately, so this contest is being extended until March 11, unless Raps or WWW decide to end it.
Rikachu
Rikachu
The Hyper Tyger
The Hyper Tyger

Amanda please!

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Nintendorks Island Official Contest: Photography! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 3633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down