Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood?

+12
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Rikachu
ZombieData
Ghost
Rapsheba555
Vampire_of_Death
WhiteWaterWood
Liz
PowerCosmic
Darkness
Cass
GuardStud08
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? Empty Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood?

Post by GuardStud08 August 3rd 2009, 3:01 pm

Whats your opinion on Emo people? I've read that Emo kids always cut themselves and spent hours a day locked in their room listening to MCR and LOG (Lamb Of God). I have a 'emo/gothic' friend, and she just likes the clothes. What do you say?
GuardStud08
GuardStud08
The Cogs Hope
The Cogs Hope

"This is all going so well"

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 22395

Back to top Go down

Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? Empty Re: Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood?

Post by Cass August 3rd 2009, 3:03 pm

I only dress like emo/goth/whatever you wanna call it. I spend all day in my room, but my door is open..Ummm... I've never liked Lamb of God..
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Veteran Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness August 3rd 2009, 4:41 pm

People can be very cruel to people who are different and therefore these people just close in their world because life is too painful ...
Darkness
Darkness
Lv6
Lv6

Veteran Secret Ninja Participant Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 1745

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerCosmic August 3rd 2009, 8:39 pm

i used to be emo and listen to mcr, but i got bored of it and just went normal (well close)
and anyway, i still go straight to my room and listen to music
i like being on my own in my room. which is wierd cause i have a fear of being alone
XD
PowerCosmic
PowerCosmic
Lv7
Lv7

Trophies Won 0 Coins 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz August 4th 2009, 6:49 am

First of all, emo is:

1 - Shortened from "emotional", which is what emos would want to come off as. The name is suiting, but it makes them sound like real drama-queens. I mean no offense to any emos on here though.

2 - A music style. Nothing else. Basically, emo was stolen from goth music, only enhanced to sound like death to all and rah rah rah.

Now, onto the argument.

Emos are neither bad or misunderstood. They are still people. An enhanced version of goths (who are also people.), yes, but certainly still human.

Emos, whilst people may say otherwise, are still people. It's like saying "Oh no, you have ADHD, so you aren't a human.", and we all know that that is a truckload of bullsh!t. Not only is it unfair to the person with ADHD, but it's also unfair to all people on this earth with the same disorder. Does that mean by saying "Nope, get lost, you emo freak" to somebody will earn you respect? No. They are still human. By saying these things, you're not only in the wrong, but you're also insulting yourself.

Allow me to explain.

Emo = Human.
Insulter = Human.

"Get lost, you freak. You can't be over here. You're emo."

Let's change the word "emo" to "human", shall we?

"Get lost, you freak. You can't be over here. You're human."

What is my point?
In this instance, emos are being misunderstood, in a way. Emo's have been known to have family or life issues, but express how they're feeling in different ways. In a way, these people are expressing "creativity". An emotional way of creativity. By doing that, they are being misunderstood, and being overlooked as the human they are, and being categorized.

Which brings me to my next point.

Emo, in a way, is categorizing someone. Putting them into a "clique" if you will. Misunderstanding them, in a way. It's kind of like isolation. Like being put in quarantine with swine flu. Does this make sense? Possibly, not at all, but is it fair to be categorized because of the way you dress or the way you feel? Wearing a black T-Shirt one day and being called an emo the next?

What makes emos bad?

I'm sorry, but I disagree with some of the... habits, if you will, of emos. The cutting and suchlike. Whilst that might not be the case all the time, it's unhygenic, and it really does make you look overdramatic. It's horrible.

Listen to lyrics from artists like Linkin' Park. This is usually what is categorized as emo, and yet, they're uber-famous. Gosh, they're SO misunderstood, eh?

And, I think I've made up my mind with that last little bit there.

Emo's are and AREN'T misunderstood. It really does depend on the situation. Categorization is unfair, therefore, it's being misunderstood. (Feel free to correct my logic. I'm not even sure if that makes any sense.), then again, there is the fact that they can use their creativity for good.

As for being bad, that's a story for another night. :study:
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness August 4th 2009, 11:58 am

I think people are not objects to be labelled ...
People have feelings...
Darkness
Darkness
Lv6
Lv6

Veteran Secret Ninja Participant Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 1745

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood August 4th 2009, 3:26 pm

I think even if Emo was once a music style, it has evolved so that is also a type of clothing and a stereotype, among other things.
While I have no problem with emo people, emo clothes or anything like that, I do have a problem with the way some emo people act. Not all of them, but some. I dislike people who enjoy feeling like "Oh, I'm such a victim!" instead of getting therapy or attempting to fix the problem. Also, I knew a girl who spends all her time feeling sorry for herself of being bitchy at people, simply because she thinks her bad home situation and many terrible problems gives her the right to be a jerk to other people. While I am in no way brushing off her troubles, it does not give her the right to take her problems out on other people. Nor does it give you the right to take it out on yourself. When has cutting ever really 'helped' anyone? Just like getting drunk doesn't help you, neither does cutting. These people are not 'misunderstood people suffering for the way they dress or what music they listen to'. They are people who very badly need mental help and depression counseling. As I said, it's not all emos, but for the people who embody the emo stereotype, this is my opinion.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death August 4th 2009, 10:44 pm

I pretty much agree with what WWW said. At one time, I was considered Emo, just because of how I dressed but Ii never really bought into the whole label thing. I think people, everyone, needs to become a little more concerned that you are talking to people, no matter what you think is wrong with them.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 5th 2009, 3:00 am

Hell, people think I'M emo, and I don't look or act like it. Though it is considered a stereotype for the people who listen to lamb of god and wear make-up, etc (none of which i have a problem with, as long as the eyeliner suits you! Lol ) it can also be used as an insult, which is what happens in my case. I like being alone most of the time, so what? I can't get through my daily quota of thoughts with people around all the time! Unfortunately, people use it as an insult, just like gay (which I'm also called) which is totally disrespectful to the people who actually embody the culture of "emo," which really isn't about cutting themselves; actually, it's more like "Hey, I look good with eyeliner, I like lamb of god, and I think the clothes are cool, why the hell not start dressing emo?" I've never known anyone who cut themselves, and i'm sure that yes, there are people out there who do, and THAT is CLEARLY a disorder or chemical imbalance of some kind and needs to be treated. But most of them just like the hair. But I agree with WWW, people who act all "I'm the victim" REALLY PISS ME OFF.

So I think that no, they're not bad, but I also don't think they're misunderstood.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 5th 2009, 3:02 am

Tree4me wrote:Wearing a black T-Shirt one day and being called an emo the next?

I actually have experienced this.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood August 6th 2009, 11:54 am

I don't think anyone could ever accuse me of being emo. It just.. doesn't work. I get sad like everyone else, but emo? I dress emo every now and then (I am like dress-up barbie, I change styles all the time!) but usually it's only when I go out with friends and I'm always really happy when I get to leave the house.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost August 8th 2009, 6:37 pm

I'm going to have to assume that the forum is doing the math properly here with my age. I added it up and got the same number. Lol

I would have been emo if it had been invented when I was 15 and friendless. I loved the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe, and any music in a minor key. Especially funeral dirges. I didn't wear black all the time because I hated clothes shopping so I always told my mom that the first thing I tried on in the store fit and we could go home now. Otherwise I probably would have. I did try to get my bedroom painted black, but it was also the guest room so I had to settle for black with multi-colored trim. I did discover that I could put safety pins through the top layer of my skin, although I never discovered actual cutting. (At least not on purpose; I still regularly discover that my legs and underarms are not designed for shaving and I tend to slice them to ribbons every time I try. And I do -not- enjoy it!)

Kids today have more opportunity to make a mistake that they will end up publishing across the world and have it follow them for the rest of their life, but they are no less and no more normal than everybody else. Even the "emo" ones. Assuming they don't make a mistake while cutting themselves and end up in a coffin most of them are likely to grow up into healthy, productive adults. (And possibly a bit embarrassed by their whole emo past.)

They are not evil. They are not as misunderstood as they think they are. (Or sometimes want to be.) They are teens who are discovering who they are.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 9th 2009, 5:55 am

Sounds about right to me.

BTW, you're in VA? *hugs fellow VA-er*
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData August 11th 2009, 2:08 am

Well see, there's nothing bad about it.

I like to think of it as a fashion, or a community of people who like the fashion.

I mean, I've been depressed (as in the medical version, not the "boo hoo I'm really sad"), but not because I'm emo, I've had insomia for the longest time, and it wears on your brain after a while, and you become a zombie.

I have never met a emo kid who has cut themselves, but I have met several teenage girls who dress in pink and have blonde hair who have multitudes of self inflected scars. I've watched them do it. It's horrible and I stare at them like they're crazy. I think it's because they think they aren't as pretty as the girl next to them, or it may be that they have deep-rooted family problems. Anyways, that's not the point. Also, Emo people, (this describes all who love the fashion style), Are always sad. Usually random and crazy and fun.... I also like to think that Emo and Scene kids are really brother-sister fashions. Emo having colors like black/red/gray/white, and Scene having neon colors.

THis is a typical scene picture.
Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? Emo

Really random, but colorful.

Typical emo picture.

Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? Black_and_red_emo_background_by_iam

Still random, just not as colorful.

I also think that Emo is more Alternative music, and Scene is that techno-scremo sh*t you always hear.
(trying to compare them to music)
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Submitted a Sims Upload Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikachu August 11th 2009, 6:24 pm

I've never met an emo person, so I really can't say anything, but I have been called emo. :P Just because my hair was long. I HAVE cut my wrist, but it was accidental and non life-threatening. I DO have a Scene friend, though, judging by Sayde's pic.

Also, Sayde: rawr.
Rikachu
Rikachu
The Hyper Tyger
The Hyper Tyger

Amanda please!

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 3633

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 12th 2009, 5:56 am

emo isn't a west coast thing. it's VERY east-coast from what i can tell.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass August 27th 2009, 9:51 am

Yes, it kinda is, there's very few emo people 'round where I live...Ummm...
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData August 27th 2009, 4:28 pm

*doesn't have emo hair anymoar*
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass August 27th 2009, 5:30 pm

Joo don't??
*pokes IMVU* *thinks Sayde had smexy hair*
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData August 27th 2009, 5:38 pm

It's not smexy anymore.

🇳🇴
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass August 28th 2009, 10:35 am

*frowns* Aw .
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood October 19th 2009, 1:43 pm

*buries Sayde's emo hair and weeps*
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 October 19th 2009, 3:38 pm

you cut it? I'm sure it can't be that bad. :P How about a pic?
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 20th 2009, 12:36 am

People aren't misunderstood. That's just what they say when they don't like who they are.
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Contest Honorable Mention Emo People - Bad or Misunderstood? 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 1225

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 20th 2009, 12:49 am

They bad!!!! An emo or goth (not sure which Mystery Machine) put gum in my bike lock.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next