Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death.

+3
Vampire_of_Death
Rapsheba555
WhiteWaterWood
7 posters

Go down

And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. Empty And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death.

Post by WhiteWaterWood July 14th 2010, 10:00 pm

Okay, so I am a (badly) closeted Naruto fan. Because there are several things about the show I love to pieces. Naruto is a show that is either really good and really exciting, or really bad and boring. I think that's one of the reasons people love it or hate it. It's both an amazing show and an awful show.

But the latest anime episode, that was a good episode. A REALLY good episode. It just goes to show it's possible to animate a tragic and really violent death without gore. You don't need bones sticking out of stomachs, or intestines falling out, or limbs gone. A simple trickle of blood down the forehead and a staggered step says just as much. It wasn't a 'kid friendly' death, either, (I've never figured out what audience Naruto is written for, but I'd suggest immature adults) and it was still pretty horrifying. But it wasn't gross. In movies nowadays, they seem to substitute raw emotion for lots and lots and lots of really bloody violence.

You want internal damage? Get rid of the organs spilling out, cough up some blood.
You want an arm that doesn't function? Don't rip it off, break it.
You want someone close to death? Have them stumble and their eyes lose focus, not gush blood like a spunge being squeezed.

It is possible to show someone in extreme pain without challenging our gag reflex. It's possible to touch our hearts without breaking a characters bones. It is possible to show a human being with the majority of their blood IN THEM.

So call me a pansy for being opposed to extreme gore, but I don't think pointless gore adds a single thing to a scene. Pointless violence? Always FTW. But are people really incapable of sympathizing with someone who has all their limbs attached? Of course not. It's just gross.

And before I lock my inner Naruto-fan back in the closet, I would like to say one last thing:

SUCK IT BERSERK!

This message has been brought to you by a sleepy otaku who is obviously not thinking clearly. But Berserk can still suck it.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Live Chat Member And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. Empty Re: And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death.

Post by Rapsheba555 July 14th 2010, 10:19 pm

Hahahaha, have I told you lately that i love you? xD

I agree with you. Pointless action scenes will always be FTW, but pointless gore scenes will always be FTF.

I guess there's more to respect about Naruto than I first thought.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Live Chat Member And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. Empty Re: And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death.

Post by Vampire_of_Death July 14th 2010, 10:22 pm

XD.

I like blood and guts only if it is called for or if I REALLY, REALLY, hate the character. I call for better acting then adding buckets and buckets blood any day. I really love those emotional moments, the dilation of the pupil, the last breath etc. verse a million explosions. Joy in the little things, I always say.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData July 15th 2010, 12:42 am

I remember trying to get into naruto... but when I discovered naruto(around 2007), something else came into my life that completely distracted me... girls.

I used to be really knowledgble about the subject, but I all can remember is a ninja trying to be the top ninja around the place... and an Amy the hedgehod rip off..
hmm

I don't hate it nor do I love it, I'm just not interested... except when it comes to Sexy Jutso or whatever.
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Submitted a Sims Upload And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost July 15th 2010, 9:12 am

I agree too. I stopped watching things with violence that weren't PG-13 for that same reason. Buckets of blood are just gross. (Unless you're a vampire, but I don't have any of those outside the Sims. My vampire likes to switch to the horror channel though, so -he- might like buckets of blood. Lol )
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh July 17th 2010, 5:32 am

Yeah, I don't like extreme gore either (never saw Saw lol). But pointlesss violence.. ohhh yeah xDD
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie July 19th 2010, 7:56 am

xDDD *agrees with Nina*
Angie
Angie
Lv8
Lv8

Advice Giver and Professional Listener, PM for ANY

Veteran And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
And THAT, ladies and gentleman, is how you write a violent death. 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down