Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Important Things In Life

+4
ZombieData
WhiteWaterWood
Rapsheba555
Claire
8 posters

Go down

The Important Things In Life Empty The Important Things In Life

Post by Claire June 23rd 2010, 2:44 pm

What do you think are the most important things in life? And what are those things which you think aren't that important?

Personally I think that love is the most important thing. It could be any kind of love. Just knowing that someone cares about you is enough.
I also think it's important to have faith. Not necessarily in god but in anything which may give an aim to your life.

I don't think money is important. After living for 14 years (15 years next October) in a family where there is a huge lack of it, I have realized something. Money makes life easier but it doesn't buy happiness, believe me. Though it sometimes hurts to not having things as much as everybody else, I realized I have something which not everyone has. And that is experience.

So, what do you think? Smile

Claire
Claire
Lv7
Lv7

Secret Ninja Participant The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Live Chat Member The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 510

Back to top Go down

The Important Things In Life Empty Re: The Important Things In Life

Post by Rapsheba555 June 24th 2010, 12:50 am

i think love is probably one of the most important things in life. But not just love for another person, love of the world we live in, love of animals, caring about what happens and how we can make the world a better place. I also think that finding a purpose in life is a close second. I'm one of the lucky ones who figured it out, but not without help from my friends. you'd be surprised how life opens up when you know what you want to do with it.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire June 24th 2010, 2:43 am

I know what you mean about finding a purpose in life. I found it with the help of music and writing. I had once a friend who was suicidal. She was always questioning the meaning of life until one day she met this person and it changed her whole life. I guess she finally realized that sometimes it's not about finding the meaning of life but it's about giving life a meaning yourself.
Claire
Claire
Lv7
Lv7

Trophies Won 0 Coins 510

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood June 24th 2010, 5:52 pm

I think the meaning of life is to make the world a better place. However that may be, in big or smalls ways, I think that's the reason. Having people you love and cherish is almost as important.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData June 24th 2010, 6:23 pm

I think family is the most important thing. Weird, I know. But I could live without friends. But I would die without my family. I guess I'm just really close to them.
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Submitted a Sims Upload The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire June 25th 2010, 1:00 pm

Family is definitely important as well. I am more honest and open with my family than my friends sometimes. I really don't know what I would do without my mum and my brother.
Claire
Claire
Lv7
Lv7

Trophies Won 0 Coins 510

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 June 26th 2010, 5:15 am

I don't know what I'd do without either of my parents or my brother. I just can't imagine life without one of them. :\
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner The Important Things In Life 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost July 1st 2010, 2:50 pm

God. Without a belief in something bigger than yourself, morality is just a matter of personal choice. And without the promise that there is more to life than just what you experience here; there is no hope, things make even less sense than they do when you do have faith, and to quote Woody Allen "all trains lead to the dump." God is also a pretty handy aid for depression if you remember that "Bless the LORD O my soul!" means to do it whether or not you feel like it. When I was on Keppra, I was having feelings of suicidal depression. God helped me fight them off.

Family and friends. They let you love and be loved.

Service. We are here as part of a community, and we need to be there for one another.

Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire July 2nd 2010, 3:15 pm

I admire your strong faith =)

I think that the bad stuff which happen to us everyday are ironically important to life. It's what make us stronger and I feel that when bad stuff happens, the way you deal with it reveals a lot about yourself so I think that it's important in finding out who you really are. If someone would offer me to begin my life again in a whole new way, I would refuse despite all the bad things that have happened and are still happening. It's just a part of who I am.
Claire
Claire
Lv7
Lv7

Trophies Won 0 Coins 510

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 July 2nd 2010, 3:56 pm

Oh, IDK, I'd say society is also considered something "bigger than we are." Certainly it doesn't hold the same power over us as the vision/reality of a God(s) (I'm not knocking faith here, I'm just saying I'm not entirely sure how the whole God structure is laid out :P ), but it does have a lot of pull. Most people do a lot of things, like obey the law, because society deems it to be the best thing for people as a whole.

And of course, people who go against human law are going against God's will as well (at least the Christian definition of God's law), seeing as [can't remember the verse or book for the life of me] God decreed that we should obey just laws laid down by humans. So I think that society and God hold similar roles. Smile
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire July 2nd 2010, 4:32 pm

The more I hear different stuff about God the more I get confused. This is kind of off topic xD

I am a catholic christian and I go to church every sunday but I'm not quite sure I believe everything. I kind of believe in some stuff but there are other things which I do not believe in. Like for example sometimes I doubt whether God really has power over everything. I mean why do bad things happen? Isn't God supposed to watch over us? Sometimes these questions cross my mind and they make me unsure about God. I think that there is something or someone who created everything. I'm just unsure whether that thing or person has absolute control over everything.

But I do believe in one thing for sure. I believe that life is short and that we have to live it as if everyday was our last day in this world without hurting anyone or anything.
Claire
Claire
Lv7
Lv7

Trophies Won 0 Coins 510

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh July 2nd 2010, 6:44 pm

Carpe Diem! I don't believe in God or anything. As a song I love says:

I believe in friendship that doesn't ask for age
I believe in love without condition
I believe in the humility of the one who knows winning
I believe in honor without uniform or God

I do not believe in an altar to save my faith
Being honest is better than a Heaven full of hymns
I do not believe in a leader to direct my feet
my king is my will, my country my home

I know there's a place beyond among the stars
Where the verses that I could never find are born
Where the soul gives birth and while engendering your kisses are birth
with lips of hope, I believe in you, I believe in me

And that's what I thing that are the important things in life. Those little things that make our lives and the world better ^^
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost July 2nd 2010, 9:19 pm

I once ended up writing a 3 page paper for myself on the subject of why bad things happen. And it was a synopsis.

God is in control, but God doesn't run a puppet show.
You will never have a faith that moves mountains if all you ever have to work with are pebbles.
If we are supposed to help each other, sometimes it's your turn to need the help.
God did promise that we would never have anything that we can't handle with God's help. Sometimes we forget to ask for help until it's too late, though.
Sometimes it really is a punishment. But if it is, you will have been warned first, and you have a way to fix it.
Sometimes it isn't bad; it just looks that way from where you are now. You are being "pruned".

etc.

(My "meaning of life" one was a bit shorter. It can be summarized as "Whose life?"
Ghost
Ghost

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie July 17th 2010, 6:35 am

I think it's freedom, and I think about spiritual, mind freedom, Feeling of freedom. To get rid of the bad thoughts, bad memories, to see everything in new fresh way, to stop feeling bad because someone told you something bad, or did , or whatever, because people's happiness never depends of other people or objects, it's inside people, and if you search deeper for it, you'll surely find it. Watch with a heart not eyes, because the truth stays invisible for eyes, and only heart can see right.
And happiness. Only wish I have: to be happy ever and forever no matter what happens to me, to always be happy. I don't need anything else. I really don't.
Angie
Angie
Lv8
Lv8

Advice Giver and Professional Listener, PM for ANY

Veteran The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi July 17th 2010, 3:41 pm

I think the meaning of life is 42, just saying,,,

But on a more important note, I agree that love is very important. Love life and love yourself, then you can open yourself to loving others and the earth. I also think that it is very important to accept others. You can't just reject them because they are different from you and have a different set of beliefs. Along the same lines, it is not right to push your views onto other people and try to force them to believe like you do.
Twi
Twi
Lv6
Lv6

Veteran The Important Things In Life 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down