Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island!

+9
Elephant
Cass
WhiteWaterWood
Twi
aninyosaloh
Claire
GuardStud08
Ghost
Rapsheba555
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cake Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island!

Post by Rapsheba555 July 27th 2010, 9:49 pm

On this day, the First of August in the year of Two-thousand Ten, we Nintendorks celebrate the one-year anniversary of Nintendorks Island, our now-beloved home. Today, we look back on where we have been, and what this site has been, is, and will be. We remember the start of Nintendorks on ModTheSims (then still ModTheSims2) with The Super Mario Project ("This is the project that never eeeends" ♪), our move from ModTheSims to what would become our new home, Nintendorks Island, and the growth of this wonderful site.

To celebrate this growth, and to encourage it, we are proud to announce the expansion of the Nintendorks network to include Nintendorks Island's fan page on Facebook and Nintendorks Island's Youtube Channel, soon to be followed by Nintendorks Island's Sims 2 Finds Blog (run by our own WWW), and the return of the NintendorkWiki. As previously announced, we also recently got a dedicated NI email address, info.nisland@comcast.net. We will soon begin to host tutorials via our Youtube page, and once we begin, we invite you to submit your own tutorial!

In addition, we are pleased to unveil the official flag of The United Monarchical Micronation of the Nintendork Islands

Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2ywyame

To top it all off, we have a totally new site design, with a slightly different layout and new features! As well as all that, we have added new personal contact buttons: Steam Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! Erc4g4 and Xbox Live Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2uzceu0, which you can edit via your personal profile.

I still have some tweaking to do to the site's design, so I assure you that the currently floating island will be fixed. Lol All throughout this month I will be making improvements and adding new things, so stay tuned for an even more updated NI in the coming weeks!

Next, I invite you all to post your favorite Nintendorks memories, memes, or whathaveyou in this thread to help us remember how far we've come in just a year!
:P Also, we invite you to include what you like most about the Nintendorks!

Edit: I have now opened the Helpcentre, which will soon replace the FAQ button up top. We do not have all of the articles written up yet, but we soon will. Smile In addition, Site Issues has moved there, and can be found under "Other..."

Last edited by Rapsheba555 on September 3rd 2010, 1:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Cake Re: Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island!

Post by Ghost August 1st 2010, 1:46 pm

One of my favorite memories was finally deciding that if I know the difference between Sonic and Shadow, and between a Charizard and a Charmeleon, I am probably a Nintendork. Then discovering that Pescado is also a Nintendork!
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardStud08 August 1st 2010, 2:59 pm

Well, I remember browsing the groups on MTS when I stumbled upon this group. I was curious so I joined in. I cannot remember exactly how I met everyone. I would choose a fave Nintendork memory, but I cannot remember any atm. :/

As for the site design, it is nice, clean, and organized. I like things organized :3
GuardStud08
GuardStud08
The Cogs Hope
The Cogs Hope

"This is all going so well"

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 22395

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire August 1st 2010, 3:14 pm

Since I'm new I don't have much memories to share. What I like most about Nintendorks is that everyone here is nice and friendly so I never feel uncomfortable even though I hardly know anyone of you. I hope to get to know you all better! Smile
Claire
Claire
Lv7
Lv7

Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 510

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh August 1st 2010, 7:45 pm

Memories.. memories.. too many, and too good. I remember telling yesterday to WWW in the chat that my good memories, all the Nintendorks ones, are in sepia in my mind : D

15 months ago, the 30th of April of 2009 I joined Nintendorks in MTS after finding it lurking at Lew's posts, and finding it really interesting. I already knew some of the members, but not much: WWW from Creator Feedback, Raps from TSMP (but I guess he didn't know me hehe), Lew from CFF as well, Vampy, that joined a bit after me, from Goth Simmers, Jon from the CFF too, Alfie, that joined a while after, from Goth Simmers.. well, you get what I mean.

But then I joined it, and I thought.. well, it's a group to play some online games, have fun and that's all. And that's when I met you all, you lovely people that have changed my life. Every single day was better than the day before, every single day I was getting to meet you all better, and you were just too awesome. How could people from all over the world and without knowing them in RL be so nice to each other, deffending one when they needed it, comforting, supporting... That's almost impossible in such a big group, I haven't seen it anywhere else, seriously.

Then, one day, I realized that I couldn't be without you, my life without you would be so empty that I can't imagine it.
At the end of July, Delphy made harder his rules about spamming in MTS.. and we needed to spam, we needed to talk, and chat and derail.. so Nintendorks Island was set up, "A Place Where Nintendorks Run Free", and that's what it is (:

And now, a year later, it seems that it was yesterday, but it also seems that I've known you for all my life. You all are brothers and sisters to me, and I love you, so much.. and we should totally buy an island in RL and live there, with our rules and our lives (: Damn, I'm crying now.. well, I love you guys, and I'm sorry if I don't post much, or don't go much into the chat, but you can be sure that I go here every single day and read all the new posts, because just seeing you talk makes me feel better (:

*huggles all and never lets go* And you can also be sure that if nobody has been able to split us after what we have gone through all this time, nobody will ^^

Lots of love and hugs,

-Nina-

PD: @Raps, I love how the site looks ^^
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by Twi August 1st 2010, 8:17 pm

I love you guys. End of story.
Twi
Twi
Lv6
Lv6

Veteran Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 1st 2010, 8:29 pm

Awwwwww Nina! It's hard to make me cry, but that really pushed my buttons. Love

Well, now how do I follow that? Lol Nintendorks has been one giant whirlwind for me. It's like the family I never expected. On October 15th of 2008 I started the Super Mario Project, never anticipating what it would snowball into...pretty soon we were driving Canoodle mad with our spamming, and thus Nintendorks was born. That pretty quickly snowballed as well; I still remember the flame war with Da Girls' Club. Rofl That's one of my favorite memories as I look back on it. We were one of the largest groups on MTS, and eventually outgrew it. So we moved here, and ever since things have just been getting better.

Every day I look forward to browsing the forums and especially to going on the chat, and our skype calls are pretty awesome as well. Every day I look forward to NI, it has taught me so many things, useful to my career, and as a person. Had i never posted in the CFF at MTS about the castle, I would have never learned so many things, and I never would have met so many people. Nintendorks has literally changed the direction my life has taken, and i wouldn't have it any other way. So many wonderful things have come of this great group of people that have affected me so deeply, and I feel I can never repay all of you for simply being a part of my life.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood August 1st 2010, 10:13 pm

*wipes her eyes* Okay, now I'm getting way too emotional! Okay. Deep breaths. Here goes. This is my nintendorks story.

As most of you may or may not know, I'm an invalid with a disease that doesn't have a name, or a cure. It gives me really painful headaches and muscle pains all the time, and recently even my legs have sometimes stopped working. Because of a sensitivity to light. sound, and even physical tasks, I spend almost all my time in the house. Often I won't leave for months at a time. Because of this, I never got to go to prom, I haven't been able to graduate from high school, and I haven't been able to go out and make friends. I can sometimes go out, hang out with friends, and such, but the result is usually being bedridden afterward and often coughing up blood and vomiting.

Is everyone properly depressed yet? Yes? Okay. Here's where it becomes a happy story!

So, I found MTS. There were many pretty shiny things there and I thought 'I want to make pretty shiny things of my own!' And I did. And there was much rejoicing. By myself. Alone. But then I discovered Creator Feedback Forum, and I realized that I had a lot of advice I could give to people who were also making custom sims content. I actually enjoyed giving advice so much, I now am seriously considering one day becoming a teacher.

So then Raps comes into CFF and he has this Nintendo Castle, right? And I'm all like: 'Sweet! But your foundation isn't flat!' And he's like 'Yeah it, is.' And I'm like: 'Okay, sure.' (it actually was) And he's like 'So what do you think of this thing I made? And I was like 'Cool, but the shading could be-"' Well, you get the picture. And the more awesome stuff he made and the more me and other people gave feedback on it, the more we realized we had more in common then just sims. And what's more, we wanted to talk about it. But talking about eye disease and underwater dump trucks may not be relevant to 3D castle building and the mods were always asking us to get back on topic.

So then, we formed a Nintendorks social group onto MTS, but then we spammed too much THERE, so we moved to here. And there was much rejoicing. But this time, I wasn't alone.

To be able to have a life again. To be able to have friends so close and so trusted and so much like family. To not feel like being sick means my entire life is over. To finally have a reason to get up in the morning. To finally feel like my life means something. That I can do more than wait around for a cure; I can live.

It means more to me than I could possibly put into words. For every single Nintendork who is friendly, wonderful, and so so amazing, I can never thank you enough.

I love all of you. Thank you.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass August 1st 2010, 10:38 pm

Dubya.
I love you.
*Pulls into lap*
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 1st 2010, 10:41 pm

And you doubted my foundation leveling skills. >,<'

.....Lol I love you Dubja. xD
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Elephant August 2nd 2010, 2:36 am

Haaaaappy birfday!

I'm not good at the happy lovey-dubby emotional stuff like Nina, Raps, and WWW. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment? Wink

My favorite memory? Lemme see...

Driving Canoodle insane? No, I was just lurking then.
Driving Delphy insane? Possibly.
Lying pregnant girl/guy/thing? No, that was teen club...

Oh fine, I'll tell my story...

Once upon a time there was a geeky guy who kept posting on Raps' CFF thread saying completely useless things like "Oooh! SHINEY!" He joined the social group on MTS about a month or so after it was created (Back when there were only 3 pages of threads!) and quickly made some hilarious, though freaking insane, friends. Smile When the Dorks traveled across the deep dark and scary popup ad sea in search of a new land where they could be free from the Great Delphy's rule and spam however they pleased, their sailboat crashed on a tiny island. It is unknown how they all fit on a tiny sailboat, but they did. Elephant was quickly made the Moderator of Goombas, and was happy for several months until his photography business ate his interweb spamming time. At the next tribal council meeting he voted himself off the island, and vanished. Though he will randomly post something on the island or MTS to see how all the N'Dorks are doing (like now!).

Oh wait!
Ham cookies! Every reference to them is my favorite part of the Nintendorks. Very Happy
Elephant
Elephant
Lv7
Lv7

Evil Mastermind

Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 7999

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca August 2nd 2010, 4:53 am

Happy birthday! Nintendorks Island!
The new background and icon thingamajig look awesome. Very Happy
I'm not good with emotional stuff either. Or memories. But, I -think- I joined sometime last December. Or, according to my profile, the 30th of November. I was close. I joined the page on MTS quite some time before that, but never really posted - or even lurked. Up until August/September last year I only downloaded and very rarely looked at the forums. Anyway, I almost instantly went into chat. Since then I think I've been in the chat almost every day, and I swear it has nothing to do with the fact that I have no life, it's just that I love you all. ^_^
Well, maybe it's both. But more the second.
You guys are all awesome, You've changed my life and even personality a lot, in a good way, though I think some of my acquaintances in that annoying thing called real life would not agree - and that's possibly for the better. You helped me have the courage to stand up to certain people in my life, you're probably the best and closest friends I've ever had, even though most of you live thousands of kilometers away. I hope someday to meet at least some of you in real life.
Oh, and did I mention I love you all? *hugs everyone*
Becca
Becca
Lv21
Lv21

Preheat your mother.

Contest Winner Challenge Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 2627

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh August 2nd 2010, 6:24 am

I love you all guys!! Why do you make me cry again?! I just got up and I'm in the middle of the living room!! Lol Seriously, I couldn't live without you (: *hugs all again*
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie August 2nd 2010, 8:50 am

Happy Birthday!!!! :DDDD

And about a memories, I remember a lot. Smile

I have joined MTS on September 2006, because I was Sims freak, and I saw so many cool downloads I want in my game. Then I found social groups. Ofc, I saw Creator Feedback , but I wasn't creator and that looked like some rich V.I.P group for people, where all of you drink expensive drinks and talk about things that lousy mortals like me knows nothing about. So I was afraid to post. (goddamnit I was so... Lol ) But I was sneaking around so much and watching what are you special people doing here. Then I saw Raps for the first time. I was impressed by his creating and meshing ability so much I said to myself: Angie, youlittleworthlessshit, you have to try yourself in this!!! Let existence of Raps guide you! (Really I wrote that in my diary, If I find it I'll post picture) xDDD So I started stalking Raps and reading every post by him everything. I can't remember how long I dared myself to ask you for some advices. I was like: He is modeling god, if I say something stupid he will think I'm stupid. But I always had my eye on you Raps Creepy sorry :] I got 3D S Max for myself because of you.

I remember the first two groups I joined were Vampire and Goth Simmers. Then I saw Nina and Shannon. Then I started to talk. Smile Nina had some pretty sim vampire smiling avi so I thought: person with this avi can't be evil, and I introduced myself. I found out that Nina and I are same age, same zodiac sign, that we live similar lives and have similar problems, interests even personalities. And I started to like her very much. Shannon always looked to me like kind of leader, authority, very intelligent person, and I respected her without even knowing her that good.

Then I joined Nintendorks, and met everyone else. Very Happy I remember WWW and I were working on Suigintou sim for me. I have to say I was surprised by her will for work and her commitment to work and I was like wow, I could create too.
I thought Fergus is a girl xDDD And I liked Lewjen so much because he is funny and BLOND, especialy because he is NATURAL BLOND, my never-become-truth-dream. xDDDD
I have met many of you in "How do you pronounce my name" threads. I remember I always had a problem explaining how Serbian language works xDDD I wished I could record my voice and post there xDDDD Them I found that funny link where Denny teach people to speak serbian, and all you guys learn was: U PICHKU MATERINU (motherfucker) Rofl

I remember Nina and I praying everybody to let us in "Just for boys" group hahahaha, That was hard. And I talked on chat soon about it, I also remember when we found out we can write colorful text, and we made admins mad. xDDD
I remember when we had that all together project of one city and we all had to make community lot. And it was supposed to be secret , but I ruined it by telling Sayde. I was mad cause he was not part of project and my sense of justice was on high level then. xDD I remember Alfie and me made fight in group about it xDDDDD
Yeah, we spam a lot there xDDDD

I just wanted to say I'm so happy I have met all of you, you are wonderful lovely people, I can't imagine my life without you now. *hugs all*
I LOVE YOU Love Love Love Love
Angie
Angie
Lv8
Lv8

Advice Giver and Professional Listener, PM for ANY

Trophies Won 0 Coins 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie August 2nd 2010, 8:58 am

And this is pic of table I made for my tavern for that together project. I was so proud of it then xDDD Raps don't laugh!!! xDDD

Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! NewBitmapImage3huj-horz
Angie
Angie
Lv8
Lv8

Trophies Won 0 Coins 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death August 2nd 2010, 2:51 pm

Aw man, a year already. And the memeroies, Dubja and I sharing psychic connection through our pink and green tentacles, the mistaken sexes from Raps and Fergus being girls and Kyle and I being mistaken for guys (especially during the girls club attack). Even tryong to say all of our usernames/real names out loud. I'm lookin at you Ri and Sayde.

My first post at Nintendorks was the Picture game. I was watching all the fun everyone was having, posting the more random of thing and nobody caring. So I decided that I should join too! I had finally found people who weren't afraid of who they were and that was my kind of place.

Nina was one of the first people I remember meeting. We join each others groups at about the same time and from there we found out how much we really had in common. And the more and more people I met, the more and more I had in common with you guys.

And as corny and weird as this may sound, this thread kind of really gives me a reason to wake up. I can live through the problems that everyone has, share both their pain and their joy and help them through it. As you know, I love to give (hopefully good) advice and that is something I enjoy doing.

You all are my best friends. I know that you won;t stab me in the back, I know that you have no reason to lie. I know that I can trust you and I can't tell you what you have done for my self esteem, my trust issues, my depression, and my general hatred of people. You have proved my instincts wrong, you have showed me that there still is good people in the world and that the group of us could meet and be so civilized to each other, without even knowing anyone.

We have become the best of friends and I couldn't be where I am today without you guys. I hope to be here for a long, long time. Nintendork Island, home sweet home.

On that note, I shall leave you with this:
Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2ns8lkp

Oh, and I'm reporting my post so i can see the new button in action.XD
The site looks great, HAPPY B-DAY NINTENDORK ISLAND.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 2nd 2010, 5:35 pm

I love you guys. xD And yes, the red phone is SEXY. Very Happy I waaaaaant one! It really is amazing how well we get along, and I, like Vampy, am given an extra reason to wake up by Nintendorks. I think on of my favorite memories was Barno, the purple lesbian cannibalistic dinosaur Lol Lol Lol

*is laughing so hard at the memories that he's crying and can't write any more* Rofl
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh August 2nd 2010, 5:49 pm

Jeeze guys, stop making me cry!! *grabs all the Nintendorks in an eternal group hug* I don't know what I would do without you.. I don't think I could live without you (:
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 2nd 2010, 5:55 pm

Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! Eb8zgg

My castle is more awesome than MAXIS'S SHIP, AND THUS MAXIS ITSELF! >:U

And anyone remember thissssssss?

Spoiler:

Oh the memories. Lol
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh August 2nd 2010, 6:58 pm

I remember it Lol I was described as awful xDDD
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death August 2nd 2010, 11:18 pm

XD I wasn't even in it. It started out good, then everything became confusing and scrambled. XDDDDDD
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Angie August 3rd 2010, 6:42 am

I remember that story!!!! I liked it so much :DD
Angie
Angie
Lv8
Lv8

Trophies Won 0 Coins 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 August 11th 2010, 6:38 pm

And just some new shinies, if you haven't seen them already.

Music Ham Cookie Cookie Thumbtack
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh August 11th 2010, 8:03 pm

/me steals the ham cookies Very Happy
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle August 11th 2010, 9:27 pm

I only joined NI recently, but already I <3 it! You guys are so amazing!
Sparkle
Sparkle
Lv6
Lv6

C is for cookie, and that's good enough for me!

Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Nintendorks Celebrate 1 Year of Nintendorks Island! 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next