Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!]

+2
aninyosaloh
Rapsheba555
6 posters

Go down

How would you rate the site's layout overall? (and don't be generous, be honest!)

Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca1478%Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca15 78% 
[ 7 ]
Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca1422%Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca15 22% 
[ 2 ]
Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca140%Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca15 0% 
[ 0 ]
Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca140%Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Pollca15 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Empty Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!]

Post by Rapsheba555 June 16th 2010, 4:25 am

So, we have a lot of new shiny stuff up now! First off, you may notice some differences in the way the ranks work. I eliminated the custom ranks for non-VIP/Staff users, however this has been made up for, which you shall see later. Anyway, the rank scheme now goes like this:

Lv00Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 1hp4ed
Lv11Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Xeli1g
Lv22Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2z4g3mp
Lv34Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2yws9ab
Lv48Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 14c66io
Lv516Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Ic36go
Lv632Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Bgzlec
Lv764Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 302t951
Lv8128Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Sbir09
Lv9256Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2rfqama
Lv10281Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2gy26o7
Lv11306Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 1zp1ijp
Lv12331Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 14tsql0
Lv13356Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 11szgvs
Lv14381Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 1zogc8z
Lv15406Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 1tr5i1
Lv16431Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Bf48q8
Lv17456Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2ch82mt
Lv18481Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 4rbakp
Lv19531Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Ddgp4k
Lv20581Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2dk9wzl
Lv21631Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 4j2up
Lv22681Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Drctuq
Lv23731Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 351a6xj
Lv24831Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Acr50w
Lv25931Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2rrtnyp
Lv261031Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 23r8s9e
Lv271131Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Jr9n60
Lv28?Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] N1ufd2
...?

The graphics themselves were updated, and the way they work are different. There are 2 main "levels," Blue and Gold. On the blue level you gain a half a star every time you double your post count, IE: from 1 to 2, from 2 to 4, from 4 to 8, and so on. When you reach the gold level, you gain a fifth of a star for every 25 posts for the duration of the first 2 stars. Then, the third star ups the requirement to 50 per slice, and the last star requires 100 posts for every slice. There might possibly be even levels after that, but you'll have to just find out over time, eh? Wink

I have not yet named the ranks, as my brain is working in technical, not creative mode. So if you don't like that your rank is "Lv 15," don't worry, I'll make them more creative tomorrow.

Next up! A nifty new shiny thing! Profile Messages! You may be asking yourself why you'd need profile messages since we have Private Messaging; the difference is that a profile message is public and is intended to be shorter, usually, than a PM. If you're still confused, I've spammed Ivy's Message Wall, so go take a look here.

Last but most certainly not least, I have made some changes to the way that your profiles are laid out. You'll notice that gone are your locations from the posts. In it's place, we've added a "Sandbox," it's essentially a free box where you can put any short message. It could be "Inspector of Lie Cake" or "Left of Nowhere," anything you want. At the moment, none of you have this field filled out, so you'll have to go to your profiles and fill them in! Your locations still appear on your profile pages, however, so you can still edit those as well. If you're curious where the sandbox appears on your posts, look to the left, mine says "All operators are busy, please insert more money."

Hope you all enjoy! I'm gonna go sleep now. Fancy pants!

~Raps

[Updated with chart June 17, 2010]

Last edited by Rapsheba555 on June 24th 2010, 12:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Empty Re: Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!]

Post by aninyosaloh June 16th 2010, 9:06 am

Ohhhh nice!! Great job Raps!! ^^
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] Empty Re: Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!]

Post by GuardStud08 June 16th 2010, 9:25 am

Yay!! The newness
GuardStud08
GuardStud08
The Cogs Hope
The Cogs Hope

"This is all going so well"

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 22395

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood June 16th 2010, 5:30 pm

Despite the fact that I will ALWAYS have something to nitpick, I must give the website 5 stars because it is full of win and awesome and hard work and NI love! Raps, you never cease to amaze! :3
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 June 16th 2010, 7:26 pm

LOL, well, what be the nitpick? I may be bale to fix it, maybe not. But I can't know if I don't know what it is. :3
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost June 19th 2010, 8:42 am

And you even fixed the minor quibble I didn't think was worth mentioning!
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 June 19th 2010, 8:33 pm

LOL, and that was?
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death June 20th 2010, 10:58 am

I love this site. The Asylum to my madness. Teeheehee

5 stars!
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Site Updates: Lot of Shiny Stuff! [Updated!] 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down