Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Cliques"

+17
candiiee
NintendoLover13
BetaFeld
ZimZ
HFeld
Becca
PowerCosmic
WhiteWaterWood
Liz
Rapsheba555
Vampire_of_Death
Ghost
Sheba
aninyosaloh
Cass
ZombieData
Rikachu
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

"Cliques" Empty "Cliques"

Post by Rikachu January 8th 2010, 11:15 pm

Okay, so, anyone who is going through high school or who has gone through high school should know what I'm talking about. "Cliques" or the groups of people who all act the same, talk the same, do the same things, etc. These are groups like the "Jocks", "Goths", "Cheerleaders", "Nerds" etc. What I'm asking is, what do you think of cliques? Are you in one? Have you ever been in one, wanted to be in one, etc?

Personally, I hate cliques. I feel they just divide people more than they should be. I belong to no clique, I have friends in all of them, and I'll occasionally hang out with some of them. But, I keep my own personality, unlike some of those who become mindless zombies of the leader.

Sure, not being "established" anywhere in high school doesn't make me the most popular person out there; but Its who I am. I'll be friends with anyone, whether they're goth, nerd, jock, etc.

Now, In my experience, I HAVE been called a loser and nerd because of the people I have hung out with. The next day, I would hang out with a different group and hear some HORRIBLE things about people in some of the less "desirable" cliques (which is complete and utter bull Sh-t), like how someone was "So ugly their mother probably can't stand looking at them". It just made me feel horrible. But at the same time, their was people in that group who NEVER said anything bad like that. :/

I dunno why I don't just join one group; Its just who I am. I'm interested in too many things to be labelled as one thing. Very Happy

So, those are my personal thoughts and experiences with cliques.

What about you guys? Smile
Rikachu
Rikachu
The Hyper Tyger
The Hyper Tyger

Amanda please!

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention "Cliques" 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 3633

Back to top Go down

"Cliques" Empty Re: "Cliques"

Post by ZombieData January 9th 2010, 5:33 am

>>>I am refering to my own school experiances for comparison<<<

Okay, when I was in middle school, there was nothing BUT Cliques. I was in the Emo Clique, which had 3 girls and 3 boys (which I was one of them) and we talked, texted, called, and hung out with only the people in our group.

But now since I've gotten to High School, there is groups of people, but they're less defined. The biggest group is Freshmen, Sophmore, and Junior and Senior. Then they are divided into smaller groups, and somtimes the groups over-lap. Because High School is so much bigger, you probably would belong to 2-3 groups at a time.

In middle school, the cliques had labels and you could easily point out who was Emo, Goth (yes it's different from emo), Jock, Cheerleaders, Bandkids, Skaters, Punks/Troublesome Kids, Rednecks, Popular Girls, Popular Boys, and Whores.

The groups in High School are much looser and less defined, but there is about 3 sub groups (underneath Freshmen, Sophmore, etc) of the Rednecks, the Whores, and the Misfits. I, am underneath the Misfits, because I am not a Redneck nor a Whore, but I'm not in many groups under that.

My grouping: Freshmen>Misfits>Devin's Friendgroup

Example Grouping: Sophmore>Rednecks>Rich Kids (you may think most rednecks are dirt poor, but around here they have giant trucks and fancy rifiles, and they live in three story houses etc, etc.)

I kinda wish there were more defined cliques at my high school because in middle school, the Emo Kids stuck together and stayed together. In HS they got spread out, and I'm not friends with many of them anymore. I'm very unsocial, so it's hard for me to make new friends. I've two current friends, Devin N Dustin, and only Devin was in my clique in Middle School.

I hate Rednecks. Head Bang
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner "Cliques" 2laeolx
Submitted a Sims Upload "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass January 9th 2010, 9:00 am

I'm just a scene-ish outcast who hangs out with weirdos.
Nuff said.

Last edited by Cass on January 9th 2010, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Veteran "Cliques" 2laeolx
Live Chat Member "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh January 9th 2010, 9:15 am

I'm a goth outcast that hangs out with a punk and a gay =D
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant "Cliques" 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheba January 9th 2010, 11:07 am

im the weirdo whos not afraid of who she is.therefore the assholes that dont understand make fun of me. which is most of the 8th grade. most of the upperclassmen just stare. Lol

and i laugh :3
Sheba
Sheba
Lv24
Lv24

Kanye West's Best Choice

Trophies Won 0 Coins 10928

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost January 9th 2010, 1:41 pm

I was a loner in High school, although I did have a brief claim to fame when I was able to write Miss Weinstein's name on the head of a thumbtack covered in tape...

I was never interested in cliques, because they were never interested in me.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant "Cliques" 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData January 9th 2010, 8:32 pm

aninyosaloh wrote:I'm a goth outcast that hangs out with a punk and a gay =D

I hang out with a punk kid who hangs out with a gay guy.

:/ I hate the gay guy. For reasons you wouldn't expect.
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner "Cliques" 2laeolx
Submitted a Sims Upload "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death January 10th 2010, 12:34 am

I didn't have too many friends because in class, I was the nerd that knew all the answers and out of class I was the quiet unpredictable one. My true friend could be classified under goth, I guess. None of the other smart kids wanted to be around me because I look different,I have striped hair, so that makes me a goth/cutter/emo/whatever so that means there is no way I am smart, I must have been cheating on test/homework or sleeping with the professor. My therapist said the same thing, there was no way I was depressed because I did well in school.

Anyways, goths were my real friends, but when I first entered high school, a lot of the popular kids wanted to be my friends, only in class, we never did anything outside of class, until I found out that they expected to cheat off of me. Yep, found that out of the first test. I turned her in and then there was a rumor that I was pregnant. And then I left school for a private school then homeschooling (which didn't help the pregnancy rumor). I still have one or two good friends, the one I have known since kindergarten and she is just a misfit that joined color guard.

Our school was very cliquey and I hated it. The girls were mean and the boys were stupid enough to listen to the girls. Made for a very unhappy experience.

Oh, and the biggest clique I belong to is right here.

The Nintendorks: Greatest Clique you never will get into. No seriously, we don't want your sorry ass. Lol
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 January 10th 2010, 1:12 am

Vampire_of_Death wrote:
The Nintendorks: Greatest Clique you never will get into. No seriously, we don't want your sorry ass. Lol

Rofl

Because my school is so small, it's hard to not be in at least 3 cliques. Personally, middle school was pointless, and I really didn't bother getting into the whole cliques thing then. Cliques in and of themselves aren't inherently bad, they allow you to choose your friends and find where you really fit. I personally never bother with them, though. This is because my class needs me. I mean, they wouldn't be much of anything special without me and a couple of other people. We have about 30 people, and only about 3 or 4 of us make the entire class worth it. Each of us has our own special reason: One of us is kinda the hangs-out-with-everyone person, another is extremely driven and knocks us all into shape when we're just feeling blah, and I'm the go-to person for anything but sports. If they need something done, I can get it taken care of. Whatever it is, whether it be convincing a teacher, finding an answer to something, or doing something nobody knows how to do (I go find out how to do it, then do it. :P). So we pretty much don't belong in any of the cliques because it would limit us if we were in them.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz January 10th 2010, 3:25 am

I suppose I'm in a clique. Where I go to school there's "Druggies", "Sluts", "Pimps", "Spocks", "Emos", "Music Geeks" and "Crazies/Gamer Nerds".

I fit into the Crazies/Gamer Nerds and Music Geeks, and they are the best friends I've ever had, because we can do whatever the hell we want, and not get into dog doo over it, since most of the teachers here are pretty much the same. :P

The other school I went to, not so much. I really didn't fit in anywhere, and I was damn proud of it. Very Happy

Cliques really aren't that bad, because you know where you fit in after a little while, and some of the time, the people you meet in that clique become great friends. But down here, cliques are just people you hang around with during lunch hour and after school. Everyone knows pretty much everyone (and in the Sluts category, everyone's done pretty much everyone. :P) and, when people need it, anyone's willing to help. (and the music geeks help with an awesome light switch rave and jam session. :P)

Really, cliques don't matter here, it's just that in the clique you're in are your best friends, but you still get along with people you're not hanging around with.

Did that make ANY sense at all? Ummm...
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP "Cliques" 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 January 10th 2010, 4:30 am

Yep. I understood it.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost January 10th 2010, 8:09 am

Vampire_of_Death wrote: My therapist said the same thing, there was no way I was depressed because I did well in school.

Weird: My guidance councilor sent me to a therapist because I was doing too well in school and he thought I was depressed. The therapist agreed.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death January 10th 2010, 8:14 am

Hmm, thats really weird. Mine is nuts, I left a long time ago.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant "Cliques" 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost January 10th 2010, 8:20 am

I certainly agree that your therapist is nuts! I hope s/he isn't doing too much damage to other kids with similar problems.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death January 10th 2010, 10:00 am

Oh, I have been to so many messed up therapist. I went to this one that was a total bitch. I went in and she refused to believe I was in pain and that I was making it up for attention and then, to really make sure that we will one day shoot her in her sleep, my sister went in (she has cerebral palsy) and this bitch asked her what else was wrong with her besides an arm and a leg (she is partially paralyzed on her right side) and she has low self esteem to begin with. I was so mad that I really wanted to walk back t her office and rip her apart for a change, but my mom had to drag me out. I mean, imagine hearing that from someone that is supposed to support you and help you get over your issues. I don;t care if your biggest problem is that you have really bad acne (well, that would piss me off but I'm not trying to help people) How many people did she mess up even more? God, I hate her. I don't remember, but I think my mom refused to pay.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 January 10th 2010, 10:46 am

Personally, I find therapists pointless. I went to one once, mostly against my will, and nothing was accomplished because the therapist didn't bother to try to open me up. I eventually resolved the issue myself and I'm no worse for wear.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death January 10th 2010, 11:16 am

Same here. I don;t need em and now I'm that much richer.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost January 10th 2010, 2:35 pm

The only ones I've ever been to were at the free clinics. The ones at the free clinics are more likely to be there because they really want to help, so they are more likely to actually try to help. At least, that has been my experience.
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheba January 10th 2010, 4:16 pm

I don't tell mine that much, such as i have a crush on my best friend. because then she'll tell my mom, and my mom will probley freak out about it. And then its total disaster Ummm... and i only see dr kennedy once a month soooo....and i see the school counsaler once a week.....yay for problems???
Teeheehee
Sheba
Sheba
Lv24
Lv24

Kanye West's Best Choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz January 10th 2010, 7:31 pm

I hated mine. Not only did it not help, but I kept on spiraling down and ended up feeling like Sh-t by the end of year 7. I stopped seeing the dude midway last year, and I've been able to solve things just fine on my own.
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheba January 10th 2010, 7:37 pm

how did we switch from cliques to the people who took away my super powers?
Sheba
Sheba
Lv24
Lv24

Kanye West's Best Choice

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz January 10th 2010, 7:42 pm

I don't know, but maybe we should steer it back on topic?

Um... cliques, cliques...

Uh...

(HALP!)
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost January 11th 2010, 3:14 pm

That's their job. To teach you how to solve your problems on your own. Very Happy

OOPS Embarassed
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood January 12th 2010, 6:44 pm

My high school was huge. It was hovering around 5000 until I had to drop out due to my illness. So, it's hard to know who is who, much less who hangs out with who. I would see at least a hundred people I didn't recognize every day. Coupled with my generally reserved nature and lack of social skills back then, I didn't have many friends and the people I sat with a lunch were a mix.

There was me, the girl who wrote on the table instead of talking, the girl who stole my food, the girl who read romance novels and the ex-boyfriend I couldn't seem to get rid of. Except for the latter, they were all really great friends. There were cliques, but in a school that big, there wasn't really a chance for anyone to get REALLY popular.

The only 'cliques' that I knew I never had a chance of joining were based on race. Asians didn't really form cliques, but the blacks and mexicans most definitely did. They came across to me as very racist, anti-education and generally troublemaking people. Not all of them of course, but when you get people who are clinging to their own stereotypes and acting up all the time it's hard not to get a little racist. I made some friends in those cliques, but I could never have belonged to the clique. I guess that's what made a clique a clique.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant "Cliques" 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death January 12th 2010, 11:41 pm

We didn't have many Asians or Mexican or much other diversity for that matter, but we had a bout 20 or so black kids and the 30 or so white kids that acted black. They all hung out together and we constantly threatening to cut each other. That is we I learned at the age of ten that its okay to call someone a "nigger" (in a nice way, of course) only if you were black. I was trying to fit in and well, I got labeled the KKK kid for a while. DAMN YOU RAP MUSIC!
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next