I hate republicans

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I hate republicans

Post by Rapsheba555 on December 3rd 2009, 3:35 pm

Hmmm. kev, I'm not sure where it went. It may have disappeared when i cleaned the forums after the spam fest. :P

"And thus, it is revealed that 99% of Nintendorks are closet perverts.
God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldasBoyfriend on December 3rd 2009, 5:40 pm

WhiteWaterWood wrote:Yeah, you can't ban thoughts, but you can ban actions. People who spread hate will be punished as that type of thing is a hate crime. So many people have different morals, but it's up to the law to prevent anyone's morals from taking action in a harmful way.

Also, hi to new members ZeldasBoyfriend and Kevme! Very Happy

How would you define a hate crime, then? Personally, I think the hate crime laws themselves are racist and need to be done away with.

ZeldasBoyfriend
Lv4
Lv4

Trophies Won 0 Coins 82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on December 3rd 2009, 6:16 pm

I define a hate crime as a crime that is done against a person or group of people due to a feelin towards towards that group or a stereotype of that group.

How would that make the world better? And what part of the laws are racist?And don't you think when a crime is commited against two gay men, don't you think all gay men get angry?So it not only has a psychological affect on the two victims, it affects the whole "group".

Here are some staticics of hate crimes in America last year alone by the UCR.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2008/index.html

51.0 percent were victimized because of the offender’s bias against a race.
17.9 percent were targeted because of a bias against a religious belief.
17.6 percent were victims because of a bias against a particular sexual orientation.
12.7 percent were targeted because of a bias against an ethnicity/national origin.
0.9 percent were victimized because of a bias against a disability.

9,691 victims, yep, lets get rid of those laws. Rolling Eyes

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZeldasBoyfriend on December 3rd 2009, 7:01 pm

I think a gay man is no more or less important than any other, so why should the crime have a different punishment? Racism is treating someone different due to race (or sexuality, for other types), and that's what hate crime legislation does. Heart in the right place, but in the end it's doing the same thing.

ZeldasBoyfriend
Lv4
Lv4

Trophies Won 0 Coins 82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on December 3rd 2009, 7:26 pm

y saying one person is more important than the other is in itself being racist. Like I said, hate crimes damage the group as a whole. Also, we weren't talking about changing the punishment, we were talking about removing the law.

So are you suggesting that aggravated assult and hate crimes have the same punishment?

Aggravated assault has an average of 25 years(which includes attemped homicide), not sure about that though. I have to assume that a aggravated assult that is also a hate crime would get around the same sentance as just aggravated assault. From the class I have taken, I think the fact that it is a hate crime is really inconsequential to the charging, I mean, yea its used to sway juries and such, but on your arrainment, it shouldnt say Hate Crime as an offical charge, meaning that the charges are the same and that you are argueing for something that already exists.

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by You're In! on December 3rd 2009, 11:51 pm

free speech allows for hate

just because its offensive doesn't mean we shouldn't say it

You're In!
Banned
Banned

Trophies Won 0 Coins 551

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on December 4th 2009, 12:02 am

Personally, I dont have a problem saying things (as long as you know who you are saying them too. One wrong comment could lead to a hate crime, by definition) I have a problem with action. If you hate black people, for example, fine. If you talk about it to your friends who dont mind you saying it, fine, but if you go looking for a black person to bother or you intentionally say something to a black person/someone sensitive about that issue, then you have committed a hate crime, even if it is verbal.

Like I said before, I dont mind some offensive comments, I really just consider the source. Its just, on this site anyays, I dont want someone else to take that comment to heart.

For example, I posted something in the Chrsitmas Graphics Contest and someone wrote that it was crap. I had no problem with that post but if some had worked really hard on their picture and was really really proud of it, no matter how crappy it may be, they should be able to feel that pride. And many people who leave those comments couldnt do better themselves, so in the end it doesnt matter. Some people take thing more serious than others, some because of certain topics (such as me and cancer).

I take it you like to say these "free speech" things that can be hurtful. I have an honest question for you, what do you gain from saying it? Does it make you feel better that you may have ruined someones day? DO you feel powerful?

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by santa fe on December 4th 2009, 3:30 am

ZeldasBoyfriend wrote:
WhiteWaterWood wrote:Yeah, you can't ban thoughts, but you can ban actions. People who spread hate will be punished as that type of thing is a hate crime. So many people have different morals, but it's up to the law to prevent anyone's morals from taking action in a harmful way.

Also, hi to new members ZeldasBoyfriend and Kevme! Very Happy

How would you define a hate crime, then? Personally, I think the hate crime laws themselves are racist and need to be done away with.
A hate crime is a politically unpopular crime.

santa fe
Lv4
Lv4

Trophies Won 0 Coins 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by santa fe on December 4th 2009, 3:35 am

Vampire_of_Death wrote:Personally, I dont have a problem saying things (as long as you know who you are saying them too. One wrong comment could lead to a hate crime, by definition) I have a problem with action. If you hate black people, for example, fine. If you talk about it to your friends who dont mind you saying it, fine, but if you go looking for a black person to bother or you intentionally say something to a black person/someone sensitive about that issue, then you have committed a hate crime, even if it is verbal.

Like I said before, I dont mind some offensive comments, I really just consider the source. Its just, on this site anyays, I dont want someone else to take that comment to heart.

For example, I posted something in the Chrsitmas Graphics Contest and someone wrote that it was crap. I had no problem with that post but if some had worked really hard on their picture and was really really proud of it, no matter how crappy it may be, they should be able to feel that pride. And many people who leave those comments couldnt do better themselves, so in the end it doesnt matter. Some people take thing more serious than others, some because of certain topics (such as me and cancer).

I take it you like to say these "free speech" things that can be hurtful. I have an honest question for you, what do you gain from saying it? Does it make you feel better that you may have ruined someones day? DO you feel powerful?
Yes, completely subjective judgments make good foundations for law Rolling Eyes

People who look at people of African ancestry and see "black people" are the root of racism in the first place.

santa fe
Lv4
Lv4

Trophies Won 0 Coins 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on December 4th 2009, 10:17 am

Are you saying that I am racist because I said black instead of African American?

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by santa fe on December 4th 2009, 5:07 pm

I'm saying that you're racist for believing that there is more than one human race.

santa fe
Lv4
Lv4

Trophies Won 0 Coins 60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 on December 4th 2009, 5:34 pm

The laws are put in place to PREVENT people who FEEL that they ARE a "better" human race than others (IE better than gays, blacks, etc) from harming those they feel to be a different human race. Minorities generally do not attack the majority for being different than themselves, it's usually the other way around. And I agree that the laws about assault should be condensed into one giant law of "If you do something to someone else, you'll have the same done to you." If you kill someone via assault, you should be put to death -or- sentenced to life in prison (assuming you're actually at fault, self-defense should not be punished), the choice resting with the victim's family.

"And thus, it is revealed that 99% of Nintendorks are closet perverts.
God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on December 4th 2009, 6:41 pm

Self defense is very rarely punishable, its a justification for said crime. I actually just took a test on it today.

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by You're In! on December 5th 2009, 9:09 am

why shud someone have pride in something that sux? its this new wave nonsense where everyone gets a trophie for playing there are no loosars and we all win cuz we tried

PACK THAT

you think the greatest generation would have beat the nazis because all they did was try? you do what it takes or game over. you lose. good day sir.

putting subjective qualifiers on free speech is putting a muzzle on free thought

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."

that's what I told a man after he called me a mother f*cking n*gger c*unt nazi unicorn.

You're In!
Banned
Banned

Trophies Won 0 Coins 551

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kraM on December 5th 2009, 12:24 pm

Reading through this thread, it is obvious none of you "Gte" how politics and social democracy really work. You are reacting to the agenda-ridden lies spread by the media and filtered down to you by the folks who raised you. Stop feeding the US vs Them mentality of politics. People with differeng ideas are the not "The Enemy," they are the core of democracy. If everyone belived the same thing or followed just one party, that would be a little thing I like to call fascism. I'll stop now, there is no point arguing with you sheeple.

Also, how come this thread is titled I HATE republicans" which is a very harsh thing to say, but I get "Warnings" for mild disagreements and supposed "Racial Slurs"?

kraM
Lv5
Lv5

Trophies Won 0 Coins 163

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top