Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened

+7
LandLineGuy
Felidae
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Vampire_of_Death
Liz
Ghost
Rapsheba555
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened Empty The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened

Post by Rapsheba555 November 21st 2009, 5:13 pm

So most of us are aware of what happened here in the past few days. I'll start at the beginning.

A half-dozen or so users arrived on NI claiming to be refugees of a mass ban on www.Nintendojo.com resulting from a cats vs dogs fight. They claimed to be on the wrong end of the argument and were banned. They said that the finding of our site was "like finding a diamond in the rough." I decided to welcome them, and soont their numbers grew. And grew. Eventually the spam they were posting became obnoxious and absurd, and a lot of our users got pissed off. I began to grow suspicious of their story pretty early on, as did several others. I suspected that it may be a scam from another site, and I began to put two and two together when someone asked if I "[thought] that there was another site called Nintendorks? Do you think they'd be mad if they found out about [you]?" I also started to debunk their story when someone said that they were not aware "what a Nintendodjo was," but that they were happy to be here. I contacted the PR director at Nintendojo, and he denied the spammers' story; they were not from Nintendojo. Then a PM from a user called "test" over on modTheSims confirmed my suspicion that these "refugees" were actually spammers from the older Nintendorks site, and that they were upset that we had "stolen" their name. I locked down the forums, and had a chat with Wario's Bulbous Nose. After some mud-slinging we got down to what he really felt. he was sorry for all the trouble they had caused, and asked to remain a member here. I decided to go through the list of the ON (Other Nintendorks) to see who was really a problem, who had done nothing wrong, and who was ambiguous. The ambiguous ones were deleted but not banned, as I could not tell who really wanted to stay. The trouble ones were IP, email, and username banned. The ones that either told me they really wished to say or seemed to be productive and helpful kept their accounts.

Now, to those of you who are ONs, I want to welcome and warn you. This is a friendly site and we like people. Just remember that this is not "your" Nintendorks. We have our own traditions and rules, and we don not have the ones from your site. Remember to respect our rules. ANYTHING sexist/racist/sexual preferencist will be deleted and you will be banned. Anything more adult than PG 13 will be deleted and you will be either warned or banned, depending on what you did. Please make an effort, if you really wish to stay, to learn something about US, because we are different from your site. We do not tolerate insults, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it, or find some constructive criticism. We like to be nice to each other. Anyway, we welcome those of you who wish to stay to our forums. Smile

To the original Islanders, I would like you to put this behind you and welcome the OTs, but if you see them get out of line tell me immediately. Wink We wanted new members, and through some bizarre ways we got them. Smile

~Raps

Last edited by Rapsheba555 on February 23rd 2010, 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Live Chat Member The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened Empty Re: The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened

Post by Ghost November 21st 2009, 5:26 pm

Hey, we were willing to put up with Pescado over at MTS!

*Hugs to all our new members* We got off on a bad start, but that's behind us now.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened Empty Re: The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened

Post by Liz November 21st 2009, 6:00 pm

*also hugs our new members* Let's put the nonsense behind us. Welcome to the family, and have a ham cookie. : Smile :
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 21st 2009, 11:30 pm

Welcome to the Island, glad we have found some new crazies, no matter how we found you! Lol
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 21st 2009, 11:58 pm

Lol Emphasis on crazy. We're just a different kind of crazy. XD
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 21st 2009, 11:59 pm

Yea, I like to think of us as the good and fun crazy!
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 22nd 2009, 12:03 am

Like schizophrenia. Or not. XD
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 22nd 2009, 12:26 am

Yea, I would say its comperable. Or Not. Or maybe. XD
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 22nd 2009, 1:10 am

Technically, we found you. Huntin Wabbits
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Contest Honorable Mention The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 1225

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 22nd 2009, 1:33 am

eh, semantics. Lol
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 22nd 2009, 4:36 am

They always seem to get in the way, eh?
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 22nd 2009, 4:44 am

Eh! Lol
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 22nd 2009, 4:48 am

CANADIAN STEREOTYPES UNITE!
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 22nd 2009, 5:06 am

Eh.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Felidae November 22nd 2009, 10:59 am

For the record, none of us cared that you 'stole' our name. We were just amused that there was another forum that was like the opposite of our own with the same name, so we all made 'bizarro' versions of our accounts over here.

Some people missed the point of the prank and started just spamming crap. That's when it went downhill.
Felidae
Felidae
Lv3
Lv3

Trophies Won 0 Coins 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 22nd 2009, 1:40 pm

That's what I told them the other night. When we started, it was late-night shenanigans. And then, the following day, that horse got beat the hell down.
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 22nd 2009, 11:54 pm

Eh. Rofl

No really. I IP banned the worst ones and the rest are welcome back. Smile
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 23rd 2009, 1:01 am

Did you at least try to set up a stopgap in the meantime, like we talked about? (IE: needing a mod to permit new accounts)
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost November 23rd 2009, 7:37 am

I'm a bit late on this. (I had been working on it earlier, but my computer ate it.)

The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened Redcarpet

Only a week ago if we had posted a thread in here asking who had installed the new EP, everyone here would have known that we were referring to Sims 3. It's kind of nice to have new members that didn't come from Modthesims!

And yes, I know there is supposed to be an S on Nintendorks, but it doesn't fit!
Ghost
Ghost

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial The Recent Invasion: What Really Happened 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 23rd 2009, 4:23 pm

Love it ghost! Very Happy

Yes, I think I can set up a moderator to help with approving the accounts.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 23rd 2009, 10:24 pm

Felidae wrote:For the record, none of us cared that you 'stole' our name. We were just amused that there was another forum that was like the opposite of our own with the same name, so we all made 'bizarro' versions of our accounts over here.

Some people missed the point of the prank and started just spamming crap. That's when it went downhill.

Ah, so we were your alter-ego? How exactly? Besides the whole we don't endorse alcohol thing. Lol
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 23rd 2009, 10:27 pm

Rapsheba555 wrote:
Besides the whole we don't endorse alcohol thing. Lol

WIN
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 23rd 2009, 11:06 pm

Well, they don't REALLY endorse it, but their site header says something about Wal-Mart and drunkenness. Rofl
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 23rd 2009, 11:15 pm

Well, we are drunk on our insanity, so, yep. Lol
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 23rd 2009, 11:44 pm

I must object. Where did you see anything mentioning Walmart OR drunkeness? We do have random "quotes" that appear underneath our random banners.
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next