The story I'M working on...(sorta)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The story I'M working on...(sorta)

Post by PowerCosmic on August 2nd 2009, 5:06 pm

Basically, I saw Cass' post about her story, (btw, its really great), and I thought I'd post the story I was working on a while ago, until I lost focus and started playing the Sims 2 :P
So here it is:

Chapter 1--- Loathing

A newspaper, two cigarettes and a bottle of Budweiser. This is how I start my day. I wake up, head throbbing from the events of the night before and light up a cigarette. My life sucks. I’ve known that since my dead-end job started. I’ve known that since my girlfriend started cheating on me. I’ve known it since my father killed himself. Don’t blame him. Mom’s starting to lose her grip on reality and I think I might join her. I look out the window and see how another day reflects my mood. No surprise. Seems even God’s started to give up. You’d think after a while he’d realise how he went wrong. If he made us in his image then what sick, twisted thing is he. I grab a bottle and turn the T.V on. The news, now just a reel of murders and disasters. They’re starting to become a way of life. Serial killers, terrorists, did God make them in his image too? I switch it off. Too depressing. I walk into the kitchen and find a note on the table. It’s from Kate. She says how she went over to her friend’s house to ‘comfort’ her after her boyfriend dumped her. Lying bitch. I know where she is. I’ve been to Dan’s flat before and seen her clothes there. She’s probably waking up with him now after a long, pleasant night. I rip it up and throw it in the trash. I would break up with her but she’s the best I got and the best I’m gonna get. Sack of crap like me doesn’t even deserve a woman he can buy.

I lye on the couch, take another drink and grab the mail off the table. Bills again. The final touch to the life of an average nobody. With a job that has nowhere near the pay I need for these bills it’s a wonder the electricity hasn’t been cut yet. Better pay them off soon or they’ll repossess the only things that keep me sane. I’d rather they just take my house. Overpriced dump is an unstable waste of space. Huh, maybe that’s why I bought it. Reminds me of myself.

I stand up walk over to the bathroom. The floorboards creak with my every step, another indication to prove the house is condemned. I turn the tap and gather the water in my hands. I watch it glisten in the light. My momentary fascination is destroyed by the sudden thumps on the door. My hands part with shock and the water soaks both my feet and the floor. I quickly grab a jacket and see who disturbed me in my state of enticement. I grab the handle of the door. The door makes a disgusting shriek as I slide it past me.
“Hey Tony.”
It’s my neighbour, whose insignificant mind seems to think my name is Tony although he’s borrowed almost all the trash and junk in my house. I would tell him that that’s not my name but I doubt he’d even remember. Anyway, I’d much rather beat some sense into him with my baseball bat but he borrowed that too. I don’t even get why the hell he would need half the stuff I lend him.
“Just wonderin’ Tony if ya’ got any Peanut Butter?” What the hell, why does this arrogant fuck need any Peanut Butter. After a few seconds of silence while I think of any reasons why this guy would need it, I decide to ask him.
“Why?”
My voice is croaky and I strain to speak. Signs of a young man getting old, not that I ever felt young.

PowerCosmic
Lv7
Lv7

Veteran

Trophies Won 0 Coins 542

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The story I'M working on...(sorta)

Post by PowerCosmic on August 2nd 2009, 5:09 pm

oh, and doesn't my sig look kick ass.

PowerCosmic
Lv7
Lv7

Veteran

Trophies Won 0 Coins 542

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on August 2nd 2009, 5:16 pm

What story..?!

Btw that story is wicked...*steals Luke's story*

Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Veteran
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerCosmic on August 2nd 2009, 5:23 pm

whoops, i put cass instead of cavecat.
Sad my mistake :P

PowerCosmic
Lv7
Lv7

Veteran

Trophies Won 0 Coins 542

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on August 2nd 2009, 5:26 pm

Ok thank god.

Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Veteran
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on August 5th 2009, 3:02 am

That story is super awesome. Is there more written because I would love to read it.

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerCosmic on August 5th 2009, 8:28 am

soon. don't worry.

PowerCosmic