Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

+11
Liz
Wario's Bulbous Nose
LandLineGuy
Vampire_of_Death
GreasyFine
You're In!
WhiteWaterWood
aninyosaloh
ZombieData
Ghost
Rapsheba555
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 Empty Re: So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

Post by LandLineGuy November 30th 2009, 9:39 pm

You can't get liver cancer from boozing too hard, stop spreading propaganda.
LandLineGuy
LandLineGuy
Lv5
Lv5

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 188

Back to top Go down

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 Empty Re: So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

Post by Rapsheba555 November 30th 2009, 10:56 pm

Lol I can't decide if the ignorance is feinted or not! *falls over laughing*

Yes, i appreciate the laugh. :P
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Live Chat Member So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

Post by LandLineGuy November 30th 2009, 11:00 pm

I am just trying to get a laugh, and ol vampire of no sense of humor over here is bringing the mood down.

At least you can get a laugh out of this though, and you are the one with cancer.....says something right there.
LandLineGuy
LandLineGuy
Lv5
Lv5

Trophies Won 0 Coins 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 30th 2009, 11:06 pm

Rofl ...and that's all I need to say. :P Vampy has a sense of humor, you just have to get her on a good day.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Live Chat Member So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 30th 2009, 11:40 pm

Vampire, more like WAAAHHHmpire, am I right?

Non-smokers can get lung cancer, so don't tell me that alcohol doesn't cause liver cancer.
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Contest Honorable Mention So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 1225

Back to top Go down

Post by LandLineGuy November 30th 2009, 11:42 pm

Jim, don't make me bust out my medical journals here.

Alcohol abuse can cause cirrohsis and liver failure......but has nothing to with causing liver cancer.

Trust me, I am an alcoholic.
LandLineGuy
LandLineGuy
Lv5
Lv5

Trophies Won 0 Coins 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost December 1st 2009, 2:19 pm

That timetable was about the same one my mom was on, and hers was stage 2. I would guess yours is probably about the same then. If an 85 year old woman can beat this thing, you can beat it too! Very Happy
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 December 1st 2009, 3:53 pm

Thanks. Very Happy I certainly hope that's the case! Lol I'm pretty pathetic if it isn't! XD
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood December 1st 2009, 9:34 pm

Hey, it could be worse! You could have breast cancer!
I'm glad you're keeping a good attitude! A good attitude can actually help you get better faster!
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by You're In! December 2nd 2009, 12:15 am

FACT: moderate drinking of any alcoholic variety is beneficial to overall health as a stress reducer, and for cardiac health wine was just the first to be tested and gets all the credit

FACT: the drinking age is 21 for reasons of perceived responsibility, not medical safety

FACT: children used to regularly drink beer wine and mead because the alcohol made it safer than water

FACT: alcohol is a cancer promoter not an initiator if you drink and smoke you're more likely to get esophogeal cancer than just smoking but drinking alone will not give you the cancer

FACT: cancer is like rape, only funny when it happens to a clown

FACT: Wario's Bulbous Nose fits in perfectly here with all these other sickos
You're In!
You're In!
Banned
Banned

Trophies Won 0 Coins 551

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 December 2nd 2009, 1:28 am

agreed on all of those. Still, the US has laws that, while may be questionable, are still laws. Ummm...
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood December 2nd 2009, 7:38 pm

Let's rip this apart shall we?

"FACT: moderate drinking of any alcoholic variety is beneficial to overall health as a stress reducer, and for cardiac health wine was just the first to be tested and gets all the credit"

FICTION: Wine has much less alcohol in it and the grapes are part of the health benefit. Beer could do this, in theory, in tiny tiny amounts, but an entire glass would just melt your liver.

"FACT: the drinking age is 21 for reasons of perceived responsibility, not medical safety"

FICTION: The younger you are, the more likely you are to get addicted to alcohol. This top outs at about age 25. Also, teenagers are dumb enough without beer.

"FACT: children used to regularly drink beer wine and mead because the alcohol made it safer than water"

FACT AND FICTION: While children and adults used to drink those things because it was safer, they had a much MUCH lower level of alcohol than today's versions of those beverage. Thus, it would take a huge amount of any of those drinks to get drunk. Unlike today, where the entire point of those drinks is to get drunk or buzzed, so they upped the level of alcohol considerably.

"FACT: Wario's Bulbous Nose fits in perfectly here with all these other sickos"

FACT: And we hope that he will stay for us long after people like you have left.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 December 2nd 2009, 7:43 pm

I change my vote for WWW, as her points make even more sense.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death December 2nd 2009, 9:04 pm

Agreed and they made me laugh.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz December 3rd 2009, 12:42 am

WhiteWaterWood wrote:Let's rip this apart shall we?

FICTION: The younger you are, the more likely you are to get addicted to alcohol. This top outs at about age 25. Also, teenagers are dumb enough without beer.

Yes. Yes, we are. : Teeheehee :
Liz
Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose December 3rd 2009, 12:47 am

Not all teenagers are dumb, and I think it's rather insulting that you would say such a thing. It's like someone saying that all black people steal things, and that female Asians have sideways coo... oh hey guys, what's up?
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Contest Honorable Mention So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 December 3rd 2009, 1:07 am

Er.

....Moving on from that....while there are a lot of smart teenagers, there are also a lot of dumb ones.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by You're In! December 3rd 2009, 1:09 am

oh snap I'm going to violate a rule and say WhiteWaterWood is an idiot

Wine has much less alcohol in it than what? Beer? No ma'am. The average beer is anywhere from 3.5-5.5& alcohol by volume. Wine is on average 11-13%. Liquor ranges from as little as 20%-98%. That's why in high school D.A.R.E. they always said a 12 oz beer is equal to an 8 oz glass of wine or a 1.5 oz shot of liquor.

Addiction has nothing to do with age. Your body is just as susceptible to chemical dependancy at any age. Not to mention genetic disposition to addiction, your point is entirely false.

Beer has by some estimates been around for 20,000 years. It was commonly believed that bread was the first grain based food that humans consumed, but many anthropologists now believe it may have been beer. While making bread is a relatively complicated process, beer can be made by exposing wet wheat to yeast and allowing it to ferment. There is no evidence that ancient beer was any less potent than what we have today, and since beers are usually around 3.5-5.5%, there's not much alcohol to even remove. In fact, by ingredients alone, to make a less potent beer you'd have to find a way to remove the alcohol before consumption. Basically a reverse distillation which almostly undoubtedly did not take place.

If you think the point of alcoholic beverages today is to get drunk/buzzed you're retarded. Why would people pour countless hours, infinite energy and millions of dollars into creating new, different and better beers, wines and liquors if they all just serve the same purpose? Why pay $10 for a 22oz bottle of Omegang Hennepin when you can get 22 oz of Natural Light for less than a dollar? You're basically saying all booze is the same, which is just as ignorant as saying all music is the same, all movies are the same, and all video games are the same.
You're In!
You're In!
Banned
Banned

Trophies Won 0 Coins 551

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 December 3rd 2009, 1:12 am

Ohhhh my. I'm just going to step back before I get caught by what's going to be shot back next time she's on.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by You're In! December 3rd 2009, 1:13 am

i wood love to see a well thought out, rational, evidence based argument but instead i axepect to see more "truths" that are mere opinions of a teenager that has figured out the wurld
You're In!
You're In!
Banned
Banned

Trophies Won 0 Coins 551

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 December 3rd 2009, 1:19 am

I'm just dodging bullets.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose December 3rd 2009, 8:56 am

I'd tell you to sit down with a cold one and watch how this progresses, Raps, but you don't drink. Rapist
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death December 3rd 2009, 9:36 am

All of WWW previous answer on this site and others are well thought out. I am also gonna dodge what she has to throw next time she is on.

*sits back with Raps and Wario*
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost December 3rd 2009, 9:57 am

*Grabs a ginger ale and some popcorn and sits back to watch the show*
Ghost
Ghost

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... - Page 2 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death December 3rd 2009, 11:41 am

*Passes the chocolate covered pretzels and ham cookies and blood marshmellows*
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next