Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

+11
Liz
Wario's Bulbous Nose
LandLineGuy
Vampire_of_Death
GreasyFine
You're In!
WhiteWaterWood
aninyosaloh
ZombieData
Ghost
Rapsheba555
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... Empty So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

Post by Rapsheba555 November 10th 2009, 4:36 pm

Well, basically, I was sitting here uploading a pic to tinypic for the picture convo thread, when I felt this really intense, stabbing pain in my sternum. It escalated rapidly, and I started feeling really nauseous and i had that cold clammy feeling, then that's all I remember before I wok up on the floor a minute later. The laptop screen was flipped all the way back, it had been moved clear across the desk, the headphone cord was wrapped around my ankle, and i was on my side to the left of my chair. I talked with a doctor and he said that it may have been either a small cardiac arrest or some other form of heart trouble. It may have also been an absurdly strong growing pain, but I'm pretty sure that's BS. He's going to take a look at me on thursday and said he'd probably recommend an EKG to see if my heart is faulty. Just what I needed, something else to worry about.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Live Chat Member So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

Back to top Go down

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... Empty Re: So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

Post by Ghost November 10th 2009, 4:57 pm

It could also have been a really bad case of heartburn...

Which is what it turned out to be when it happened to my husband and to one of my friends.

*hugs Raps* If it is a heart problem worrying about it won't help any.
Ghost
Ghost
Local Figment of the Imagination

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 5675

Back to top Go down

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... Empty Re: So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart...

Post by ZombieData November 10th 2009, 6:41 pm

o3o When I read it I thought you were having girl troubles.

*sigh*

I always have girl troubles.
ZombieData
ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Submitted a Sims Upload So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 10th 2009, 7:43 pm

no, it was pain either in the bone or in my heart, nowhere else. I did some research and there's a condition (that apparently runs in my dad's side of the family) called angina. It's gas in the bloodstream that occasionally bursts in random places. What I think may have happened was that (btw, I know I have angina because I have all the symptoms and it runs in my family, and is especially common in men) an especially large bubble burst in or near my heart, jolting the tissue and sending me into shock due to the pain, because when I woke up I was extremely pale and very weak. I've had that sternum pain before, but never as intense as this (obviously, because this time it knocked me out).
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Live Chat Member So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh November 12th 2009, 2:19 pm

awww *huggles Raps*
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 12th 2009, 5:40 pm

Update: I saw my doctor and he says:

-no sign of torn cartilage in the sternum
-heart sounds fine, no murmur
-no swollen glands or anything of the sort.

He's sending me to a cardiologist to run some tests to make sure he didn't miss anything.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost November 12th 2009, 8:32 pm

Well, the no murmur part is good news, but it would have been nice if it was something easy to find and treat. (like after-effects of swine flu)
Ghost
Ghost

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Created a Tutorial So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 12th 2009, 9:04 pm

XD

Unfortunately, it's apparently not anything as simple as that.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh November 13th 2009, 10:49 am

lol I have murmur.. they told me a while ago.. ^-^
aninyosaloh
aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10153

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood November 13th 2009, 5:55 pm

I had a heart murmers when I was a baby, but not anymore. They sound frightening. ANY heart problems sound frightening. Hopefully they'll fix you soon!
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by You're In! November 29th 2009, 9:53 pm

yur tearing up my heart when im with you
You're In!
You're In!
Banned
Banned

So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 551

Back to top Go down

Post by GreasyFine November 29th 2009, 10:14 pm

My heart skips a beat
Everytime we meet
I don't what to do
I'm so in love with you
My heart skips a beat
Everytime we meet
I don't know what to do
Can't you feel it beat
GreasyFine
GreasyFine
Lv4
Lv4

Trophies Won 0 Coins 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 29th 2009, 11:26 pm

Back on topic, have you found anything out Raps? I really hope everything is okay.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 30th 2009, 12:51 am

Nope, I find out on Dec 3. This was just the icing on the cake, because last year I developed colon cancer. I haven't told anyone really until now because I didn't want anyone to worry, but they think it may be related to the cancer. Which I find really bizarre, I mean, colon cancer causing chest pain? I'm pretty sure now (since I haven't dropped dead) that it was just a passing something-or-other. But, we'll find out.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 30th 2009, 9:29 am

Wow, you really do have a lot of sh*t going on, I mean really. And this may be the conspirist in me but there is so many odd and completely random medical things going on with our eneration that I swear there must be something in the water/chicken/vaccinations/etc. Anyways, that horrible news, and I hope a mistake was made or it all blows over.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost November 30th 2009, 1:55 pm

*hugs Raps*

Which stage is it? My mom had colon cancer, but they were able to remove it. She's been completely cured for over 10 years now. (Although she got -very- tired of barium enemas long before then! Rofl )
Ghost
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 30th 2009, 4:18 pm

Thanks. I seriously think it's the air.

Actually, they wanted to tell me the stage and "how long they gave me," but I refused to find out. I basically just said treat the damn thing and let's get this over with. Needless to say, I've lived a year and they say that the treatment has been progressing well. I don't bother myself too much with the details because the more I find out, the less I wish I'd found out. I basically just take it day by day and remind myself that today my focus is to beat this thing. Eh, I certainly feel physically better than when i started the treatment, so I take that as good news. Very Happy The objective is to have the whole thing taken care of in about 6 months. Right in time for college. We'll see how THAT goes (seems a bit short to me, but eh. They're the doctors). I'm pretty optimistic about it, and the attitude is really what counts in my mind.

But I digress. If I were to guess what it was when they found it, I'd say low-grade, probably 2 or maybe even 1.
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood November 30th 2009, 7:33 pm

My eyes went wide and I really really freaked out when you told me you had colon cancer. And you're having heart problems! *tries not to cry* But apparently there's a really good chance of curing it? You're so YOUNG. I'm glad you seem to be taking this so well. Hopefully "how long they gave you" was a really long time and it will be cured totally soon. *hugs tightly*
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 November 30th 2009, 7:45 pm

Lol Stop worrying about me so much! I appreciate it, really I do, but there are SO many people out there that need help more than me! Somebody think of the children! (Nevertheless, I really do appreciate it. Smile ) I'm pretty convinced that the whole heart thing was nothing. Just some random something. And the cancer can be beat. In fact, I'm sure I'll beat it because I sure as HELL ain't goin' nowhere near any gates made of pearls. Pearls are so tacky. Maybe when I'm 90 I'll be ready, but not yet. 💣
Rapsheba555
Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 30th 2009, 8:05 pm

You better hope that the gates hove pearls because I heard the other ones aren't as nice as they are cut to be. Rofl
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by LandLineGuy November 30th 2009, 9:10 pm

I know you say you don't drink, but they say a few beers a night is good for the heart. And I drink alot and I don't have colon cancer.

Coincidence?
LandLineGuy
LandLineGuy
Lv5
Lv5

Trophies Won 0 Coins 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 30th 2009, 9:14 pm

You know, you shouldn't poke fun at something so serious. There is a time and place for it and it is not here.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by LandLineGuy November 30th 2009, 9:19 pm

I am not poking fun at him, I realize that colon cancer is a serious condition. But you have to have a sense of humor about these things. As they say laughter is the best medicine.

Also it is scientific fact that alcohol in moderation is good for the heart.
LandLineGuy
LandLineGuy
Lv5
Lv5

Trophies Won 0 Coins 188

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death November 30th 2009, 9:25 pm

I do have a sense of humor and I try to keep a light tone with serious things. Booze will not cure cancer, especially if he is not of age.

Wine is good for you, in moderation, but other forms are just damaging.
Vampire_of_Death
Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wario's Bulbous Nose November 30th 2009, 9:35 pm

If you drink enough, then you can get liver failure/cancer, and then you won't have to worry about colon cancer!
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Wario's Bulbous Nose
Lv7
Lv7

Contest Honorable Mention So I may have just had something go wrong with my heart... 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 1225

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next