Gay Marriage: Allow or Ban It?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gay Marriage: Allow or Ban It?

Post by GuardStud08 on August 30th 2009, 10:01 pm

Should homosexuals be able to marry? Should the government make Gay Marriage legal?

Personally, I think they have the right to get married if they want to. I mean who are we to tell them otherwise. I'm a strong believer in Gay Marriage and I support Gay Rights.

What do you say on this?

GuardStud08
The Cogs Hope
The Cogs Hope

"This is all going so well"

Veteran VIP Contest Winner
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 0 Coins 22390

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gay Marriage: Allow or Ban It?

Post by Darkness on August 31st 2009, 6:10 am

Yes!
I never understood what the problem of gay marriage...

Darkness
Lv6
Lv6

Veteran Secret Ninja Participant

Trophies Won 0 Coins 1745

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 on August 31st 2009, 3:16 pm

I'm fully for it. I believe that all people are equal in their rights to marital happiness. Since homosexuality has been virtually proven to be either something resulting from a chemical difference in the brain or some repressed reason, I see no excuse for blaming these people for being the way they are.

"And thus, it is revealed that 99% of Nintendorks are closet perverts.
God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

All operators are busy, please insert more money.

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 2 Coins 33823

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on August 31st 2009, 4:31 pm

I believe people should be treated equally, so if they're a guy who likes guys, a girl you likes girls, or a guy who likes girls, it doesn't matter. We're all human Very Happy

Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Veteran
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZombieData on August 31st 2009, 5:01 pm

All for it.. Gay marragie is love XD

ZombieData
Emo Dude
Emo Dude

No, I am NOT going to go out with you.

Veteran VIP Contest Winner
Submitted a Sims Upload
Trophies Won 1 Coins 6151

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz on September 1st 2009, 8:07 am

Being bisexual myself, I would be devastated if I were unable to marry the one that I love, whether they be male or female. Everyone should have a right to marry, no matter what sexuality they are. Love is love.

“This is a conservative, or ‘person against same-sex marriage.’. Whenever they hear the word ‘gay’, (this is for the sake of this argument ONLY. I have no proof that this is actually the case. Many conservatives may just be against same-sex marriage because they think it’s disgusting.) They think of god, and they’ll try into an argument that it’s Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.”

I, being for same-sex marriage, am tired of hearing that saying, just as much as someone who is against same-sex marriage hates the phrase ‘love is love.’ Both of these arguments leave us in a deadlock anyway, so we are going to eliminate those from this. In other words, I won’t talk about love, and the conservative will not use god. (However, I will be using my epic humour skills in this post to lighten up the debate.)
Let’s get this show on the road!

Let’s look at the upside of same-sex marriage. With more gay couples, it may increase the chances of more adoptions, since partners of the same sex can’t have children together in the way that a straight couple could. This is great for pro-lifers, because with more and more children being put into this already over-crowded foster care system, we will need more parents to adopt. Nobody is saying that they must adopt, but, it’s definitely a possibility for same-sex couples that still want to have kids.

“Yes, but with more gay couples, there will be more gay children.”

First of all, you have no proof that this is the case. MENTAL NOTE PEOPLE – want to use that argument? Do your research first. Second, you make having more people that are attracted to the opposite sex sound like a disgusting and cruel thing to do to the planet, and any opportunity to cease that would be fantastic.

“Okay, but in the bible, it s—“

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Cool your jets! We’re not using that argument, remember?

“Oh... right.”

“Well, obviously, letting gays marry would only corrupt the institution of marriage.”

Now, hang on, the institution of marriage is thrown around a lot in these arguments without anyone actually saying what it is.

“The institution of marriage coincided with the creation of one man and one woman, and is a direct consequence of that creative act on the part of God.”

Right, now doesn’t that make marriage a religious thing? If it’s a religious thing, it should be set apart from the government. They really shouldn’t have a say in who they marry. Marriage really should be out of their power.

“Right, but we live in a Christian nation.”

Alright then, try telling that to the many others on this planet and the nation where you live that. Not everyone on the planet is the same religion. Besides, how do you know that all Christians are straight? Oh, and plus, if same-sex marriage is corruption of the institution of marriage, why isn’t divorce? I mean, divorce is a complete UPHEAVAL of the institution of marriage, and the complete corruption of the institution of marriage.

“Err... God?”

Right, so most people believe in small government, which ultimately just means that the government should stay out of other people’s lives. If you agree with that, tell me why you appose same-sex marriage. Doing so is intruding in on the lives of other people, ultimately going AGAINST what you would agree with, by putting a roadblock in on some people and letting other people go on with their ordinary lives.

“EVERYONE has the chance to marry; it’s just that some people choose to be gay.”

So, people AVOID getting married by being attracted by people that you meet in the same locker-room as you? It doesn’t work like that. Like Raps said, homosexuality has been virtually proven to be either something resulting from a chemical difference in the brain or some repressed reason. Really, that reasoning that was used was just something that someone has pulled out of their ass. Honestly, ‘I don’t want to get married, so I’ll be gay instead.’? It doesn’t necessarily work that way.

“Gay marriage will hurt small businesses! Registering more couples under the healthcare cover will only take away funds from small businesses, forcing them to declare bankruptcy.”

Let’s think about this. The average small business hires maybe one or two homosexuals, married or not. Your logic is stating that it’d be better to outlaw straight marriage, and hire only straight people. One homosexual person, including their spouse, isn’t exactly the biggest disposition out there, compared to all the straight people working there. Secondly, why is it so much more important to have material possessions over the health of our neighbours?

Now, to my closing remarks, or for those too lazy to read over 800 words, the part of the argument that you might actually bother reading.
Ultimately, denying people the right to take advantage of an opportunity is blatant discrimination and one of the worst things that we could possibly do to people, whether they be homosexuals, straight, from Iceland or for any reason, really. And really, when will we finally learn from our history? This isn’t the first time that this has happened, after all. We can put a stop to it, so it doesn’t get any worse than it is. What happened to racism? Denying two people the right to marry is kind of along the same lines.

“Okay, for anyone that reads the bible...”

Okay, you can’t do that!

“But Jesus says...”

Okay, enough of this. Clearly, that’s just dumb. You’ve got NO argument. Go sit in the corner. We're done.

Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh on September 4th 2009, 7:07 am

Of course it must be allowed!! Here it has been allowed for several years, and I think that it's the best decission that has made the government. YAY for gay marriage!! Very Happy

★Do you like my creations? Check out my site: DARK SIMS

aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on September 7th 2009, 2:47 pm

I also agree. Why should something like who you love affect your ability to marry. That would be like not allowing different race couples to marry. It really make no sense. The funny thing is, who would it hurt. People act like if you dont allow the marriage, then all the gay couples will disappear. Face it, if the are willing to get married, they are probably gonna stick it out.

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 4 Coins 12141

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood on September 7th 2009, 3:41 pm

I am so pro-gay marriage it's crazy. My best friend is a lesbian, so that might have something to do with it too.

WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liz on September 8th 2009, 12:36 am

I must say that this discussion is very one-sided, if you know what I mean. (If you do, can you tell me?)

What are the DOWNSIDES of gay marriage? Is there a downside to it?

Liz
Official Forum Bewbs
Official Forum Bewbs

Veteran VIP
Live Chat Member Submitted a Sims Upload
Trophies Won 0 Coins 14778

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 on September 8th 2009, 1:30 am

ummmm....less babies? XD Oh wait, that's a good thing....

God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass on September 8th 2009, 1:33 am

*throws a pierce of lettuce at Raps for once again lying about going to bed* GET TO BED MISTER!

ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE I SAY!!

Cass
Lv26
Lv26

Veteran
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 0 Coins 10586

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on September 8th 2009, 7:32 am

I don't see any down sides.

Okay, to play devil advocate, is it possible by allowing gay marriage that it makes it more aceptable to children to become gay or have gay experiences? If 50% of the world would become gay, would that not severly cut down on the population?

(You all know how I really feel)

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 on September 8th 2009, 3:01 pm

Not really. Test tube babies.

God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NintendoLover13 on September 8th 2009, 3:31 pm

ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE!!!

I always say "you love who you love and you can't really help it". So what if you're attracted to the other gender? It's no problem! Gays should be able to have a right to marry who they want! That should NOT be up to the government! It bugs me so much that people don't understand this. My parents don't- they're strong anti gays -_-* I am definitely straight and would never even dream of loving a girl more than a friend, but I know just because you know you wouldn't- it doesn't mean someone else will.
That is all I'd like to say.

NintendoLover13
Lv7
Lv7

I love Link ♥♥♥

Veteran Contest Honorable Mention
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 0 Coins 769

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 on September 9th 2009, 3:29 am

I'm thinking this is getting a bit one'sided. XD Not that there is more than one right side...

God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteWaterWood on September 9th 2009, 5:36 pm

You're right! It is one sided! Quick! Get Mr. Rong!

Mr. Rong: Gays are stupid. Being gay is gay. Gay is evil. The bible says so.

Quickly! REBUKE!

WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on September 9th 2009, 8:20 pm

So Mr. Rong, you dare challenge the Nintendorks?!?! You have signed your own death warrant.

On to offer a rebuttle to your arrgument...

*Runs off, laughing Madly*

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aninyosaloh on September 10th 2009, 11:20 am

*eats Mr. Rong's head* Dieee!!!! *evil laugh*

Now, seriously, I haven't read the Bible but I've been all my life in Catholic schools, and I think that the thing that the Bible wants to tell us is the respect of every human being and the equal treatment. And for an equal treatment, gay people must have the same opportunities to be allowed to marry than non-gay people. That's my opinion.

★Do you like my creations? Check out my site: DARK SIMS

aninyosaloh
The Shadow In The Night
The Shadow In The Night

Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial Submitted a Sims Upload
Trophies Won 2 Coins 10148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on September 10th 2009, 11:50 am

I agree, if the bible says something against gays (I dont remember) Im sure it only metions it once or twice, but love thy neighbor is in the commandments or something like that. And it must be mentioned hundreds of times, so I think the neighbor one wins.

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZimZ on November 7th 2009, 8:12 pm

Hmm, I've only read parts of the bible.. THE YUCY PARTS!... jokes :p umm, yeah I don't understand why people would have anything against gays... alot of my friends are gay... I think ballet has a strong influence on guys to become gay... not always just... yeah I'm not gay but I like... have a REALLY big femenine... is that how you spell it?? side... I reckon it's bigger than my masculine side... meh, I'm weird though so.. mm. I'm all for gay marriage... well I think I am... hmm, yeah You can make babies you like get 2 guys (this is an example) mix their... stuff.. and get a lady go to the super market insid her front door (YUCKY) and buy an egg then go to the scence lab and... I'll just.. umm I'll just stop talking

ZimZ
Lv18
Lv18

Sing? Sing a song of wanting to move along!

Veteran Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant

Trophies Won 1 Coins 4135

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rapsheba555 on November 7th 2009, 8:17 pm

Lol, if only it were that simple. Lol

God I love this place."
-WhiteWaterWood

Rapsheba555
Weegee
Weegee

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikachu on August 22nd 2010, 1:20 am

*NOTE* Don't even think of calling me an idiot for what I'm about to say, please. I may have a different way of thinking but that does not make me stupid.

I'm just going to go ahead and say something just to get it off my chest...

Marriage is a term for the union between a man and a woman. Nothing but a term, it's nothing fancy that only Christians can do. Thus there is no such thing as a gay marriage. (Yes, i realize that Dictionary.com says it also means marriage of a same sex couple. But I prefer to go by the original meaning of words.) It's nothing but a fancy word for the union of a man and a woman. The union of a same sex couple is therefore not considered marriage. So, technically, there's nothing to legalize. Now, don't hate me for what I'm saying. I do support homosexuals. I'm simply saying it's silly to fight over something that doesn't exist. The only way for there to be *real* gay marriage is to edit the dictionary to remove everything that says it is a union between a man and a woman, then legalize it.

And yes, gay unions should be legal. :P I'd really like for them to be able to call it marriage. But as the people have it, it'll most likely never happen.

Rikachu
The Hyper Tyger
The Hyper Tyger

Amanda please!

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial
Trophies Won 0 Coins 3633

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikachu on August 22nd 2010, 1:23 am

Vampire_of_Death wrote:I agree, if the bible says something against gays (I dont remember) Im sure it only metions it once or twice, but love thy neighbor is in the commandments or something like that. And it must be mentioned hundreds of times, so I think the neighbor one wins.

*Are naughty double poster*

Actually, I don't think the bible says a thing about gays being bad. If it does then it's only present in newer versions. I am a firm believer in Christ and I follow him. I go by what the bible says. Now, whoever had wrote in that God hates gays forgot to overwrite the part that says that God loves all of his children. So I automatically disagree with anyone who says that God hates the gays. Not all Christians are mean. ;D

Rikachu
The Hyper Tyger
The Hyper Tyger

Amanda please!

Veteran VIP Contest Honorable Mention
Live Chat Member Created a Tutorial
Trophies Won 0 Coins 3633

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampire_of_Death on August 22nd 2010, 1:58 am

The bible is full of contradictions because it as written by man, not God. One who reads the bible should probably take it with a grain of salt. And I looked it up, the bible kinda does trash gays, A LOT.

Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Leviticus 18:22 - "Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13 - "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Not in the bible, but on the site I found it:
Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again.

So, yea, the bible hates on gays. And in the bible, I forget the exact quote is that God will love all his children that do not sin, that are free of sin, etc. So there are conditions. But again, that part was also written by man, what they thought would be acceptable. So maybe God loves everyone, no matter what, or maybe he hates everyone, said fuck it and quit a 100 years ago.

And if someone takes the bible literally all the time (not saying you do :P) we are all going to hell. Just think, not to long ago it was a sin to eat meat on a Friday, to miss a day at church, etc. I even recall one stating that uncleanliness sent you to hell....

Oh. Found it:

Galatians 5, where the apostle Paul identifies them as works of the flesh. Beginning with verse 19, he states, "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told {you} in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Soooo, I'll be in hell with all the, cheaters, people having sex, liars, witches, angry people, selfish people, drunks and gays because I skipped a shower today. Yea, so will the rest of the world. Just sayin' Smile And I don;t hate you because you have an opinon, that might send me to hell. Lol Just kidding. ILY.

Vampire_of_Death
Harlequin of Hate
Harlequin of Hate

Live Chat Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down