Nintendorks Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet

3 posters

Go down

Urgent Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet

Post by ZimZ July 1st 2011, 9:48 pm

Ok, sooo first watch this video if you don't know about the bill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc&feature=feedu

Anyway, so I only just found out through this video that there is a bill to ban all things that are under copyright (videos of gameplay etc.) on the internet. I understand that they want to ban people from putting movies on the internet, but if this bill gets passed, not only will it ban people from putting videos of people playing games and reviews of games, it'll ban people from putting videos of them singing a cover to a song, or doing a dance cover to a song. Choreographers around the world won't be able to show videos of their dances on the internet, people who sing won't be allowed to put covers on the internet. People won't be able to become famous like Justin Bieber (shock horror) because they don't own the rights to the songs they're singing.

There's a lot more to it but that's like a summary you could say....

Oh and in the video the guy mentions businesses like Machinima will go completely out of business. I'm not sure if this bill is only for videos, so if anyone has any information about it, please tell me because I'm a tiny bit confused.

They should at least edit the bill so people are allowed to do things like covers of songs or even just using a song to choreograph a dance to......... the internet will be a boring place if this bill is passed...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This has only been mentioned in America, they can't really make this worldwide can they? I live in Australia and nothing of the sort has been mentioned. But I did hear big movie and music industries were really pushing the bill like Hollywood...

Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already know about this Smile
ZimZ
ZimZ
Lv18
Lv18

Sing? Sing a song of wanting to move along!

Veteran Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 4135

Back to top Go down

Urgent Re: Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet

Post by WhiteWaterWood July 1st 2011, 11:03 pm

Dude. That is not an anti-piracy bill. That is an anti creativity bill. LAME.
WhiteWaterWood
WhiteWaterWood
Queen of the Dorks
Queen of the Dorks

Hallo moto

Veteran VIP Contest Winner Secret Ninja Participant Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Trophies Won 2 Coins 5249

Back to top Go down

Urgent Re: Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet

Post by Sparkle July 2nd 2011, 6:35 pm

Are they out of their minds? How the hell will this help? That's just being completely overzelous and will kill a large part of the internet community who enjoys making videogame machinima!

All that will do is prevent honest fans of a videogame from having fun! Soon we won't even be allowed to do so much as LOOK at a movie or game without being accused of pirating :/

As somebody posted as a comment on Youtube, they're taking away our freedom. What's next, a government where everybody is told what to wear, how to think and what to do?
Sparkle
Sparkle
Lv6
Lv6

C is for cookie, and that's good enough for me!

Challenge Participant Secret Ninja Participant Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Live Chat Member Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Trophies Won 0 Coins 275

Back to top Go down

Post by ZimZ July 2nd 2011, 6:49 pm

So much for democracy.....

I also heard that people won't be able to do reviews of games which means people probably won't buy games as often, so i think this could be a terrible idea profit wise for business that make games.

Even if the companies do reviews for their games, it's not like they're going to point out any cons are they? They'll just make the game sound amazing I guess.

Also, with machinima videos, that sometimes makes people think that the game the video creator used is good, so they might want to buy it. We're basically advertising games! Without us doing this, I think that they'll lose a massive chunk of money (the companies that make games).

This is going to be impossible to police anyway. On youtube an official channel will be allowed to put a music video up, or an advertisement for a game, movie etc. How is this going to stop people from downloading it? Unless they ban putting any copyright things on the internet (even from official youtube pages like vevo), it'll be impossible to stop other people putting it up.

So, i agree with you both - it's a stupid bill.
ZimZ
ZimZ
Lv18
Lv18

Sing? Sing a song of wanting to move along!

Veteran Contest Honorable Mention Contest Winner Challenge Participant Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Bill to ban all uploading of copyrighted video footage on the internet 2laeolx
Trophies Won 1 Coins 4135

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down